Brent D Fulton
Affiliation: University of California
- Republican States Bolstered Their Health Insurance Rate Review Programs Using Incentives From the Affordable Care ActBrent D Fulton
University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, USA
Inquiry 52:. 2015..We conclude that federal incentives for states to strengthen their health insurance rate review programs were more effective than the incentives for states to adopt other insurance-related policy goals of the ACA. ..
- State Variation in Increased ADHD Prevalence: Links to NCLB School Accountability and State Medication LawsBrent D Fulton
Dr Fulton and Dr Scheffler are with the School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley e mail Dr Scheffler is also with the Richard and Rhoda Goldman School of Public Policy, University of California, Berkeley Dr Hinshaw is with the Department of Psychology, University of California, Berkeley, and with the Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco
Psychiatr Serv 66:1074-82. 2015....
- Informing public policy toward binational health insurance: empirical evidence from CaliforniaBrent D Fulton
The Nicholas C Petris Center on Health Care Markets and Consumer Welfare, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, California, USA, 94720
Salud Publica Mex 55:S468-76. 2013....
- National variation of ADHD diagnostic prevalence and medication use: health care providers and education policiesBrent D Fulton
School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, 50 University Hall, MC7360, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Psychiatr Serv 60:1075-83. 2009..The purpose of this study was to estimate this variation across states and examine whether a state's health care provider characteristics and education policies are associated with this variation...
- Health workforce skill mix and task shifting in low income countries: a review of recent evidenceBrent D Fulton
Global Center for Health Economics and Policy Research, School of Public Health, University of California Berkeley, Berkeley, USA
Hum Resour Health 9:1. 2011..This study uses an economics perspective to review the skill mix literature to determine its strength of the evidence, identify gaps in the evidence, and to propose a research agenda...
- Positive association between attention-deficit/ hyperactivity disorder medication use and academic achievement during elementary schoolRichard M Scheffler
School of Public Health, Nicholas C Petris Center on Health Care Markets and Consumer Welfare, University of California, 50 University Hall, MC7360, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Pediatrics 123:1273-9. 2009..Our objective was to determine if reported medication use for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder is positively associated with academic achievement during elementary school...
- Health care supply and county-level variation in attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder prescription medicationsTim A Bruckner
Program in Public Health and Planning, Policy and Design, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 7075, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 21:442-9. 2012..We examine, across counties in the USA, whether the use of prescription medications to treat ADHD varies positively with supply-side healthcare characteristics...
- Estimates of health care professional shortages in sub-Saharan Africa by 2015Richard M Scheffler
School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 28:w849-62. 2009..6 billion (2007 $US)-more than 2.5 times current wage-bill projections for 2015. We illustrate how changes in workforce mix can reduce this cost, and we discuss policy implications of our results...
- Growth of Accountable Care Organizations in California: Number, Characteristics, and State RegulationBrent D Fulton
University of California, Berkeley
J Health Polit Policy Law 40:669-88. 2015..If recent trends continue, ACOs will have a greater influence on health care delivery and financial risk sharing in California. ..
- International variation in treatment procedures for ADHD: social context and recent trendsStephen P Hinshaw
Department of Psychology, The University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA
Psychiatr Serv 62:459-64. 2011..This article presents data from a cross-national workshop and survey related to questions of variability in diagnostic and, particularly, treatment procedures...
- Review of Medicare, Medicaid, and Commercial Quality of Care Measures: Considerations for Assessing Accountable Care OrganizationsEric Kessell
University of California, Berkeley
J Health Polit Policy Law 40:761-96. 2015..Finally, we suggest quality measures that regulators could use prior to ACO formation or in the year or two following formation. ..
- The mental health workforce gap in low- and middle-income countries: a needs-based approachTim A Bruckner
Department of Public Health and Planning, Policy and Design, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 7075, USA
Bull World Health Organ 89:184-94. 2011..To estimate the shortage of mental health professionals in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs)...