Deborah H Fuller
Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Immunization of rhesus macaques with a DNA prime/modified vaccinia virus Ankara boost regimen induces broad simian immunodeficiency virus (SIV)-specific T-cell responses and reduces initial viral replication but does not prevent disease progression followHelen Horton
Wisconsin Regional Primate Research Center, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53715, USA
J Virol 76:7187-202. 2002..01). However, despite the induction of virus-specific cellular immune responses and reduced peak viral loads, most animals still suffered from gradual CD4 depletion and progressed to disease...
- DNA immunization in combination with effective antiretroviral drug therapy controls viral rebound and prevents simian AIDS after treatment is discontinuedDeborah Heydenburg Fuller
PowderJect Vaccines, Inc, Middleton, WI 53562, USA
Virology 348:200-15. 2006..Immunizing before infection or with multi-epitopes enhanced these effects. These results demonstrate that DNA immunization during antiretroviral therapy may be an effective strategy to treat HIV infection...
- Preclinical and clinical progress of particle-mediated DNA vaccines for infectious diseasesDeborah H Fuller
Department of Molecular Genetics and Biochemistry, University of Pittsburgh, School of Medicine, 260 Kappa Drive, PA 15238, USA
Methods 40:86-97. 2006..Finally, efforts currently in progress for commercial development of particle-mediated DNA vaccines are discussed...
- Immunogenicity of hybrid DNA vaccines expressing hepatitis B core particles carrying human and simian immunodeficiency virus epitopes in mice and rhesus macaquesDeborah Heydenburg Fuller
PowderJect Vaccines Inc, Madison, WI 53562, USA
Virology 364:245-55. 2007..These data demonstrate that immunization with hybrid HBcAg-epitope DNA vaccines is an effective strategy to increase the magnitude and breadth of HIV-specific CTL responses...
- Differences between T cell epitopes recognized after immunization and after infectionThorsten U Vogel
Wisconsin National Primate Research Center, University of Wisconsin, 1220 Capital Court, Madison, WI 53715, USA
J Immunol 169:4511-21. 2002..The repertoire of the immune response detected in the peripheral blood after immunization substantially differed from the immune response detected in the peripheral blood after infection...
- Multispecific vaccine-induced mucosal cytotoxic T lymphocytes reduce acute-phase viral replication but fail in long-term control of simian immunodeficiency virus SIVmac239Thorsten U Vogel
Wisconsin Primate Research Center Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53715, USA
J Virol 77:13348-60. 2003....
- DNA/Ad5 vaccination with SIV epitopes induced epitope-specific CD4⁺ T cells, but few subdominant epitope-specific CD8⁺ T cellsLara Vojnov
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison, 555 Science Drive, Madison, WI 53711, USA
Vaccine 29:7483-90. 2011..Broadening the CD8(+) T cell response against subdominant MHC class I epitopes was, therefore, more difficult than we initially anticipated...
- Plasmid vectors encoding cholera toxin or the heat-labile enterotoxin from Escherichia coli are strong adjuvants for DNA vaccinesJoshua Arrington
PowderJect Vaccines, Inc, Madison, Wisconsin 53711, USA
J Virol 76:4536-46. 2002....
- Clinical safety and efficacy of a powdered Hepatitis B nucleic acid vaccine delivered to the epidermis by a commercial prototype deviceLee K Roberts
PowderJect Vaccines Inc, Middleton, WI, USA
Vaccine 23:4867-78. 2005..5. Skin reactions at sites of vaccine administration were equivalent with both devices. This is the first clinical demonstration of the safe and effective PMED of a nucleic acid vaccine with the ND 5.5 device...
- Particle-mediated DNA vaccination of mice, monkeys and men: looking beyond the dogmaLendon G Payne
Address PowderJect Vaccines Inc, Madison, WI 53711, USA
Curr Opin Mol Ther 4:459-66. 2002..This review highlights the current body of data showing that particle-mediated DNA immunization is highly effective in the induction Th1-type responses and is an efficient method for inducing immune responses in humans...