Affiliation: University of Kansas
- Pathways to recovery (PTR): impact of peer-led group participation on mental health recovery outcomesSadaaki Fukui
University of Kansas Social Welfare, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA
Psychiatr Rehabil J 34:42-8. 2010..PTR translates the evidence-supported practice of the Strengths Model into a self-help approach, allowing users to identify and pursue life goals based on personal and environmental strengths...
- Effect of Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) participation on psychiatric symptoms, sense of hope, and recoverySadaaki Fukui
University of Kansas Center for Research Methods and Data Analysis and School of Social Welfare, KS, USA
Psychiatr Rehabil J 34:214-22. 2011..This study examined the effects of WRAP participation on psychiatric symptoms, hope, and recovery outcomes for people with severe and persistent mental illness...
- Core domains of shared decision-making during psychiatric visits: scientific and preference-based discussionsSadaaki Fukui
The University of Kansas School of Social Welfare Center for Mental Health Research and Innovation, 1545 Lilac Lane, Lawrence, KS, 66044, USA
Adm Policy Ment Health 42:40-6. 2015..Longer visit length correlated with only scientific discussion. Providers' understanding of core domains could facilitate engaging consumers in SDM. ..
- Predictors of shared decision making and level of agreement between consumers and providers in psychiatric careSadaaki Fukui
Center for Research Methods and Data Analysis, School of Social Welfare, Office of Mental Health Research and Training, The University of Kansas, 1315 Wakarusa, Dr Lawrence, KS, 66049, USA
Community Ment Health J 50:375-82. 2014..Enhancing active consumer participation, particularly by incorporating consumer preferences in the decision making process appears to be an important factor in SDM. ..
- The perceptions of supervisory support scaleSadaaki Fukui
Center for Research Methods and Data Analysis, School of Social Welfare, Office of Mental Health Research and Training, The University of Kansas, 1315 Wakarusa, Dr, Lawrence, KS, 66049, USA
Adm Policy Ment Health 41:353-9. 2014..The scale could guide support for front-line practitioners in delivering client-centered care and could be useful for future research. ..
- A Cross-cultural study of recovery for people with psychiatric disabilities between U.S. and JapanSadaaki Fukui
Center for Research Methods and Data Analysis, School of Social Welfare Office of Mental Health Research and Training, The University of Kansas, 1545 Lilac Lane, Lawrence, KS 66044 3184, USA
Community Ment Health J 48:804-12. 2012..Different cultural environments may have additive influences toward people's response patterns to their recovery across countries...
- Strengths model case management fidelity scores and client outcomesSadaaki Fukui
School of Social Welfare, University of Kansas, 1545 Lilac Lane, Lawrence, KS 66044 3184, USA
Psychiatr Serv 63:708-10. 2012..The study examined the relationship between fidelity of strengths model case management (SMCM) and client outcomes of psychiatric hospitalization, competitive employment, postsecondary education, and independent living...
- Spiritual well-being of people with psychiatric disabilities: the role of religious attendance, social network size and sense of controlSadaaki Fukui
Center for Research Methods and Data Analysis, School of Social Welfare, The University of Kansas, 1545 Lilac Lane, Lawrence, KS 66044 3184, USA
Community Ment Health J 48:202-11. 2012..Given the increased attention to consumers' internal spiritual experiences in a recovery process, this study adds to knowledge about spirituality in the mental health field...
- The repeated appeal to return home in older adults with dementia: developing a model for practiceSadaaki Fukui
The University of Kansas Center for Research Methods and Data Analysis and School of Social Welfare, 1545 Lilac Lane, Lawrence, KS 66044 3184, USA
J Cross Cult Gerontol 26:39-54. 2011..This needs identification process has application to other cultural contexts. The implications of this study for practitioners who work with people with dementia in residential settings will be discussed...
- Outcomes of an illness self-management group using wellness recovery action planningVincent R Starnino
University of Kansas Social Welfare, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA
Psychiatr Rehabil J 34:57-60. 2010....
- Consumer Outcomes After Implementing CommonGround as an Approach to Shared Decision MakingMichelle P Salyers
Dr Salyers, Ms Bonfils, Ms Firmin, and Ms Luther are with the Department of Psychology, Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis, Indianapolis e mail Dr Fukui, Dr Goscha, and Dr Rapp are with the School of Social Welfare, University of Kansas, Lawrence, where Dr Holter was affiliated when this work was done
Psychiatr Serv . 2016..The authors examined consumer outcomes before and after implementing CommonGround, a computer-based shared decision-making program...
- A two-year longitudinal study of the Kansas consumers as providers training programCharles A Rapp
University of Kansas, School of Social Welfare, Lawrence, KS 66044, USA
Psychiatr Rehabil J 32:40-6. 2008..Graduates provide mental health services to other consumers in the community. CAP is a semester-long class plus a 104-hour internship in a social service agency...
- Consumer and relationship factors associated with shared decision making in mental health consultationsMarianne S Matthias
Dr Matthias, Dr Kukla, Dr Eliacin, and Ms Collins are with the Center for Health Information and Communication, Health Services Research and Development Service, Richard L Roudebush Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Indianapolis, Indiana e mail Dr Matthias is also with the Regenstrief Institute, Indianapolis Dr Kukla is also with the Department of Psychology, Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis, where Ms Bonfils, Ms Firmin, Ms Oles, Ms Adams, and Dr Salyers are also affiliated Dr Fukui is with the Department of Social Welfare, University of Kansas, Lawrence
Psychiatr Serv 65:1488-91. 2014..This study explored the association between shared decision making and consumers' illness management skills and consumer-provider relationships...