J G Frohna
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Maternal substance abuse and infant health: policy options across the life courseJ G Frohna
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109 0368, USA
Milbank Q 77:531-70, iii. 1999..This framework also allows comparisons across and between substances and offers new directions for policy development...
- Development of an evaluation of medical student competence in evidence-based medicine using a computer-based OSCE stationJohn G Frohna
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0368, USA
Teach Learn Med 18:267-72. 2006..Our goal was to create, implement, and validate a computer-based assessment tool that measured medical students' EBM skills...
- Internal medicine-pediatrics residency training: current program trends and outcomesJohn G Frohna
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, 48109 0368, USA
Acad Med 79:591-6. 2004..The authors sought to determine completion rates of med-peds residency programs and describe the initial career plans for five cohorts of graduating residents from combined med-peds training programs...
- Assessing residents' competency in care management: report of a consensus conferenceJohn G Frohna
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 0368, USA
Teach Learn Med 16:77-84. 2004....
- Maternal smoking and adverse birth outcomes among singletons and twinsH Pollack
Department of Health Management and Policy, University of Michigan School of Public Health, Ann Arbor 48109 2029, USA
Am J Public Health 90:395-400. 2000..This study assessed the effects of maternal smoking on birth outcomes among singletons and twins...
- A validated search assessment tool: assessing practice-based learning and improvement in a residency programGurpreet K Rana
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Med Libr Assoc 99:77-81. 2011..The objective of this study was to validate an assessment instrument for MEDLINE search strategies at an academic medical center...
- A computer-based OSCE station to measure competence in evidence-based medicine skills in medical studentsJonathan E Fliegel
Department of Pediatrics, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
Acad Med 77:1157-8. 2002..To create a feasible, valid, and reliable tool to measure third-year medical students' skills in evidence-based medicine (EBM)...
- Infant sleep placement after the back to sleep campaignHarold A Pollack
Department of Health Mangement and Policy, University of Michigan School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 2029, USA
Pediatrics 109:608-14. 2002..Using survey data for the 1996-1998 birth cohorts, this epidemiologic study examines infant sleep position in a large, population-based sample...
- Assessing residents' competencies at baseline: identifying the gapsMonica L Lypson
VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System and the Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, 48109 0429, USA
Acad Med 79:564-70. 2004..To this end, in 2001 the University of Michigan Health System created the Postgraduate Orientation Assessment (POA), an eight-station, objective structured clinical examination for incoming residents...
- Choosing a career in combined internal medicine-pediatrics: insights from internsThomas Melgar
Department of Internal Medicine, Michigan State University, Kalamazoo Center for Medical Studies, 1000 Oakland Drive, Kalamazoo, MI 49008, USA
Fam Med 39:326-30. 2007..Combined internal medicine-pediatrics (med-peds) programs may be competing for the same students who would have otherwise chosen family medicine. The degree to which this is happening is not known...
- Measuring residents' care management knowledge: how are we doing?Brent C Williams
Ingalls Building, Room 7E16, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0429, USA
Acad Med 77:S105-7. 2002
- Promoting the use of evidence-based medicine in pediatricsJohn G Frohna
Department of Pediatrics, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, USA
J Pediatr 141:599-600. 2002
- Impact of a veterans affairs continuity clinic on resident competencies in women's healthKym E Orsetti
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Gen Intern Med 18:419-22. 2003..There is potential for insufficient training in women's health for residents with a continuity clinic based at a Veterans Affairs (VA) hospital...
- A competing risk model of sudden infant death syndrome incidence in two US birth cohortsH A Pollack
University of Michigan School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, USA
J Pediatr 138:661-7. 2001..High incidence of SIDS in African Americans and increased relative SIDS risk for infants born weighing <1000 g require increased attention from clinicians and public health policy makers...
- The role of the med-peds physician in a changing medical worldJohn G Frohna
J Pediatr 151:338-9. 2007
- The use of evidence-based medicine in pediatrics: past, present and futureHans B Kersten
Section of General Pediatrics, Department of Pediatrics, Drexel University College of Medicine, St Christophers Hospital for Children, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19134 1095, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 20:326-31. 2008....