Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Seven tenths incorrect: heterogeneity and change in the waist-to-hip ratios of Playboy centerfold models and Miss America pageant winnersJeremy Freese
Department of Sociology, University of Wisconsin Madison, 1180 Observatory Drive, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Sex Res 39:133-8. 2002..70 as a preference of American heterosexual males...
- Tilting at Twindmills: rethinking sociological responses to behavioral geneticsJeremy Freese
Department of Sociology, University of Wisconsin Madison, 1180 Observatory Drive, Madison, WI 53711, USA
J Health Soc Behav 44:130-5. 2003..Most fundamentally, we worry that the way in which Horwitz et al. conceptualize the relationship between genes and environments is not the best means of doing so for sociologists interested in engaging behavioral genetics...
- Commentary: the analysis of variance and the social complexities of genetic causationJeremy Freese
Robert Wood Johnson Scholars in Health Policy Research Program, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, USA
Int J Epidemiol 35:534-6. 2006
- Using anchoring vignettes to assess group differences in general self-rated healthHanna Grol-Prokopczyk
University of Wisconsin Madison, Department of Sociology, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Health Soc Behav 52:246-61. 2011..Anchoring vignettes appear a promising tool for improving intergroup comparability of SRH...
- Genetics and the social science explanation of individual outcomesJeremy Freese
Department of Sociology, Northwestern University, 1810 Chicago Avenue, Evanston, Illinois 60208, USA
AJS 114:S1-35. 2008....