Affiliation: University of Utah
- Cardiac metabolomics and autopsy in a patient with early diffuse systemic sclerosis presenting with dyspnea: a case reportTracy M Frech
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Utah and Veterans Affair Medical Center, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
J Med Case Rep 9:136. 2015..Diffuse systemic sclerosis is associated with high mortality; however, the pathogenesis of cardiac death in these patients is not clear...
- Protective role of interleukin-6 in systemic sclerosis gastrointestinal tract involvement: case report and review of the literatureTracy M Frech
Division of Rheumatology, University of Utah, Salt Lake Veterans Affair Medical Center, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Clin Exp Rheumatol 33:S179-81. 2015..Immunosuppression is commonly used to treat inflammatory manifestations of SSc, including the skin, lungs and joints. There is a paucity of data on the effects of immunosuppression on GIT disease in SSc...
- Low-dose naltrexone for pruritus in systemic sclerosisTracy Frech
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Int J Rheumatol 2011:804296. 2011..0 (UCLA SCTC GIT 2.0) questionnaire. This small case series suggests LDN may be an effective, highly tolerable, and inexpensive treatment for pruritus and GIT symptoms in SSc...
- Treatment of ankylosing spondylitis: focus on etanerceptTracy Frech
University of Utah, Division of Rheumatology, UT, USA
Biologics 1:45-51. 2007..This review discusses the data that supports use of etanercept in the treatment of ankylosing spondylitis...
- The prevalence and clinical correlates of an auscultatory gap in systemic sclerosis patientsTracy M Frech
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Utah, 4B200 SOM, 30 North 1900 East, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Int J Rheumatol 2012:590845. 2012..If undetected auscultatory gaps may result in clinically important underestimation of BP. Thus, electronic oscillometric BP may be preferred in SSc patients...
- Autophagy is a key feature in the pathogenesis of systemic sclerosisTracy Frech
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Utah, 4B200 SOM, 30 N 1900 E, Salt Lake City, UT, 84132, USA
Rheumatol Int 34:435-9. 2014..Bloating and distention were higher in patients with moderate autophagy staining. Perivascular mast cells were present in all SSc patients. The role of autophagy in vasculopathy and mast cell activation in SSc warrants further studies...
- Treatment of early diffuse systemic sclerosis skin diseaseTracy M Frech
University of Utah and Veterans Affair Medical Center, Salt Lake City, USA
Clin Exp Rheumatol 31:166-71. 2013..Nonetheless, the PRESS investigators aim to decrease intra- and inter-institutional variability in prescribing in order to improve the understanding of the clinical course of early diffuse SSc skin disease. ..
- Understanding itch in systemic sclerosis in order to improve patient quality of lifeTracy M Frech
University of Utah and Veterans Affair Medical Center, Salt Lake City, USA
Clin Exp Rheumatol 31:81-8. 2013..This review discusses the putative mechanisms of the pathogenesis of itch to better understand the mechanisms that may be relevant to pruritus in SSc. It discusses possible therapeutics in the context of this complex pathogenesis. ..
- Peripheral neuropathy: a complication of systemic sclerosisTracy M Frech
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Utah, 4B200 SOM 30 N 1900 E, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Clin Rheumatol 32:885-8. 2013..Further studies are indicated to determine if routine screening for neuropathy and subsequent podiatric care for SSc patients with abnormalities can reduce pedal complications...
- Vascular leak is a central feature in the pathogenesis of systemic sclerosisTracy M Frech
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Utah, 4B200 SOM, 30 N 1900 E, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
J Rheumatol 39:1385-91. 2012..We investigated the microvasculature alterations in the skin of patients with SSc at various stages of disease duration with whole-field digital microscopy...
- Heritability of vasculopathy, autoimmune disease, and fibrosis in systemic sclerosis: a population-based studyTracy Frech
University of Utah, Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Arthritis Rheum 62:2109-16. 2010..To investigate the familiality of systemic sclerosis (SSc) in relation to Raynaud's phenomenon (RP) (a marker of vasculopathy), other autoimmune inflammatory disease, and fibrotic interstitial lung disease (ILD)...
- Probiotics for the treatment of systemic sclerosis-associated gastrointestinal bloating/ distentionTracy M Frech
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Clin Exp Rheumatol 29:S22-5. 2011..Our hypothesis is that GIT symptoms in SSc patients with moderate bloating would improve with probiotic implementation...
- Prevalence and correlates of sleep disturbance in systemic sclerosis--results from the UCLA scleroderma quality of life studyTracy Frech
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Rheumatology (Oxford) 50:1280-7. 2011..Rheumatologic disorders are associated with sleep disturbances. This study examines sleep disturbance correlates in patients with SSc...
- Measuring response in the gastrointestinal tract in systemic sclerosisDinesh Khanna
aUniversity of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan bCedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California cUniversity of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Curr Opin Rheumatol 25:700-6. 2013..Gastrointestinal tract (GIT) involvement in systemic sclerosis (scleroderma, SSc) is the most common internal complication. This review discusses the outcome measures to capture GIT involvement in clinical care and trials...
- The Recurrence of Digital Ulcers in Patients with Systemic Sclerosis after Discontinuation of Oral TreprostinilAmi A Shah
From the Division of Rheumatology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah New York University NYU Langone Medical Center, Lake Success Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, New York Benaroya Research Institute at Virginia Mason, Seattle, Washington Georgetown University, Washington, DC University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill United Therapeutics Corporation, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA A A Shah, MD, MHS, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Director of Clinical and Translational Research, Johns Hopkins Scleroderma Center, Division of Rheumatology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine E Schiopu, MD, Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan S Chatterjee, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine, Cleveland Clinic M E Csuka, MD, Professor of Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin T Frech, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine, Department of Dermatology
J Rheumatol 43:1665-71. 2016..In this investigation, we examined whether DU burden increased after patients withdrew from oral treprostinil that was administered during an open-label extension study...
- Valuation of scleroderma and psoriatic arthritis health states by the general publicDinesh Khanna
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 8:112. 2010..Our objective was to assess health values (utilities) from the general public for health states common to people with PsA and SSc for economic evaluations...
- Baseline characteristics and follow-up in patients with normal haemodynamics versus borderline mean pulmonary arterial pressure in systemic sclerosis: results from the PHAROS registrySangmee Bae
Department of Internal Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 71:1335-42. 2012..The objectives of this analysis were to examine the baseline characteristics in systemic sclerosis (SSc) with normal and borderline mPAP and to explore long-term outcomes in SSc patients with borderline mPAP versus normal haemodynamics...