Clinton D Francis
Affiliation: University of Colorado
- Noise pollution changes avian communities and species interactionsClinton D Francis
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of Colorado at Boulder, 334 UCB, Boulder, CO 80309, USA
Curr Biol 19:1415-9. 2009....
- Vocal frequency change reflects different responses to anthropogenic noise in two suboscine tyrant flycatchersClinton D Francis
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, UCB 334, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309, USA
Proc Biol Sci 278:2025-31. 2011..Even so, the different flycatcher behavioural responses suggest that signal change may help some species persist in noisy areas and prompt important questions regarding which species will cope with an increasingly noisy world...
- Noise pollution alters ecological services: enhanced pollination and disrupted seed dispersalClinton D Francis
NESCent the National Evolutionary Synthesis Center, 2024 West Main Street, Suite A200, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Proc Biol Sci 279:2727-35. 2012....
- Noise pollution filters bird communities based on vocal frequencyClinton D Francis
Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e27052. 2011..However, this hypothesis has not been adequately tested because confounding stimuli often co-vary with noise and are difficult to separate from noise exposure...
- Sound settlement: noise surpasses land cover in explaining breeding habitat selection of secondary cavity-nesting birdsNathan J Kleist
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado, 80309, USA
Ecol Appl 27:260-273. 2017....