Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- A Phase II study of SGN-30 (anti-CD30 mAb) in Hodgkin lymphoma or systemic anaplastic large cell lymphomaAndres Forero-Torres
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Comprehensive Cancer Center, 1824 Sixth Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35294 3300, USA
Br J Haematol 146:171-9. 2009..These results demonstrate that weekly administration of SGN-30 is safe, with modest clinical activity in patients with ALCL...
- Pilot study of dacetuzumab in combination with rituximab and gemcitabine for relapsed or refractory diffuse large B-cell lymphomaAndres Forero-Torres
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 3300, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 54:277-83. 2013..Dacetuzumab-related grade 3/4 adverse events occurred infrequently. Six of 30 evaluable patients achieved a complete response (CR) and eight a partial response (PR) per investigator assessment for an overall response rate (ORR) of 47%...
- Brentuximab vedotin in transplant-naive patients with relapsed or refractory hodgkin lymphoma: analysis of two phase I studiesAndres Forero-Torres
Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 3300, USA
Oncologist 17:1073-80. 2012..The objective of this post-hoc analysis was to characterize the safety and efficacy of brentuximab vedotin for patients with relapsed or refractory HL who refused or were ineligible for ASCT...
- Phase 1 trial of a novel anti-CD20 fusion protein in pretargeted radioimmunotherapy for B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphomaAndres Forero
University of Alabama at Birmingham Comprehensive Cancer Center, 35294 3300, USA
Blood 104:227-36. 2004..B9E9FP performs well as the targeting component of PRIT with encouraging dosimetry, safety, and efficacy. A dose escalation trial of (90)Y-DOTA-biotin in this format is warranted...
- Pilot trial of preoperative (neoadjuvant) letrozole in combination with bevacizumab in postmenopausal women with newly diagnosed estrogen receptor- or progesterone receptor-positive breast cancerAndres Forero-Torres
Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 3300, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 10:275-80. 2010....
- A phase I study of an anti-GD3 monoclonal antibody, KW-2871, in patients with metastatic melanomaAndres Forero
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Alabama at Birmingham Comprehensive Cancer Center, Birmingham, AL 35294 3300, USA
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 21:561-8. 2006..KW-2871 (IgG1 kappa chimeric antibody) targets GD3, which is upregulated in melanomas. We conducted a phase I trial of KW-2871 in patients with metastatic melanoma...
- Pretargeted radioimmunotherapy (RIT) with a novel anti-TAG-72 fusion proteinAndres Forero-Torres
Departments of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology University of Alabama at Birmingham Comprehensive Cancer Center, Birmingham, AL 35294 3300, USA
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 20:379-90. 2005..CC49Fusion protein performs well in a pretargeted RIT schema, and further study with escalating doses of (90)Y should be pursued. This strategy has the potential to deliver effective radiation tumor doses to TAG- 72+ tumors...
- A novel monoclonal antibody design for radioimmunotherapyAndres Forero
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 18:751-9. 2003..These studies support the further clinical investigation of this agent in phase I trials by intravenous and intraperitoneal routes...
- Phase I study of a modified regimen of ⁹⁰Yttrium-ibritumomab tiuxetan for relapsed or refractory follicular or transformed CD20+ non-Hodgkin lymphomaChristos Vaklavas
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 28:370-9. 2013..3 and 10.9 months, respectively. Although this regimen was associated with a high response rate, the hematologic toxicity was higher than with the standard ⁹⁰Y-ibritumomab tiuxetan regimen...
- Basal-like breast cancer stem cells are sensitive to anti-DR5 mediated cytotoxicityAngelina I Londoño-Joshi
Department of Molecular and Cellular Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 2182, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 133:437-45. 2012..TRA-8 exposure to 2LMP and SUM159 BrCSC preparations produced significant inhibition of tumorigenicity. DR5 maybe a therapeutic target on the surface of basal-like BrCSC which is amenable to agonistic monoclonal anti-DR5 therapy...
- Phase I trial of weekly tigatuzumab, an agonistic humanized monoclonal antibody targeting death receptor 5 (DR5)Andres Forero-Torres
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 3300, USA
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 25:13-9. 2010..It has demonstrated cytotoxicity in vitro and in vivo antitumor efficacy to a wide range of solid tumors in murine xenograft models. Tigatuzumab is a humanized IgG1 monoclonal antibody derived from TRA-8...
- TBCRC 019: A Phase II Trial of Nanoparticle Albumin-Bound Paclitaxel with or without the Anti-Death Receptor 5 Monoclonal Antibody Tigatuzumab in Patients with Triple-Negative Breast CancerAndres Forero-Torres
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama
Clin Cancer Res 21:2722-9. 2015..TIG has strong in vitro/in vivo activity against basal-like breast cancer cells enhanced by chemotherapy agents. This study evaluates activity of TIG and chemotherapy in patients with metastatic triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC)...
- How do I treat "triple-negative" diseaseChristos Vaklavas
Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Alabama at Birmingham, AL 35294 3300, USA
Curr Treat Options Oncol 12:369-88. 2011....
- TRAIL-receptor antibodies as a potential cancer treatmentDonald J Buchsbaum
Department of Radiation Oncology, Division of Radiation Biology, 1530 3rd Avenue South, WT1 674, Birmingham, AL 35294 6832, USA
Future Oncol 3:405-9. 2007....
- A phase I study of dacetuzumab (SGN-40, a humanized anti-CD40 monoclonal antibody) in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemiaRichard R Furman
Division of Hematology Oncology, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY 10065, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 51:228-35. 2010..This modest single-agent activity may warrant further testing of dacetuzumab in combination with other chronic lymphocytic leukemia therapies...
- Bendamustine in non-Hodgkin lymphoma: the double-agent that came from the Cold WarAndres Forero-Torres
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology and Oncology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, AL, USA
Clin Lymphoma Myeloma 8:S13-7. 2007..This article provides a review of studies using bendamustine in the treatment of non-Hodgkin lymphomas...
- Diffuse F-18 FDG uptake in skeletal muscles secondary to chills resulting from sepsis: a cause for underestimation of viable tumorBuddhiwardhan Ojha
Division of Nuclear Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Alabama 35249 6830, USA
Clin Nucl Med 29:600-1. 2004
- Brentuximab vedotin in the front-line treatment of patients with CD30+ peripheral T-cell lymphomas: results of a phase I studyMichelle A Fanale
Michelle A Fanale, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX Steven M Horwitz, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY Andres Forero Torres, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL Nancy L Bartlett, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO Ranjana H Advani, Stanford University Medical Center, Palo Alto Robert W Chen, City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, CA Barbara Pro, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA Dirk Huebner, Takeda Pharmaceuticals International, Cambridge, MA Dana A Kennedy, Seattle Genetics, Bothell Andrei R Shustov, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, WA Andrew Davies, University of Southampton School of Medicine, Southampton Tim Illidge, Institute of Cancer Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 32:3137-43. 2014..This phase I open-label study evaluated the safety and activity of brentuximab vedotin administered sequentially with CHOP or in combination with CHP (CHOP without vincristine) as front-line treatment in patients with CD30(+) PTCL...
- Effect of niclosamide on basal-like breast cancersAngelina I Londoño-Joshi
Authors Affiliations Departments of Pathology, Biology, Biostatistics, Medicine, and Radiation Oncology Division of Gynecologic Oncology Southern Research Institute and Division of Hematology and Onocology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama
Mol Cancer Ther 13:800-11. 2014..Niclosamide in combination with TRA-8 suppressed growth of 2LMP orthotopic tumor xenografts. These results suggest that niclosamide or congeners of this agent may be useful for the treatment of BLBC...
- Safety and efficacy of brentuximab vedotin in patients with Hodgkin lymphoma or systemic anaplastic large cell lymphomaChristos Vaklavas
Division of Hematology Oncology, Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Alabama at Birmingham, AL, USA
Ther Adv Hematol 3:209-25. 2012..Herein, we review the biology of CD30 and brentuximab vedotin, and the clinical data that has accumulated thus far with SGN-35...
- Results of a phase 1 study of AME-133v (LY2469298), an Fc-engineered humanized monoclonal anti-CD20 antibody, in FcγRIIIa-genotyped patients with previously treated follicular lymphomaAndres Forero-Torres
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Clin Cancer Res 18:1395-403. 2012..Safety, pharmacokinetics, and efficacy were assessed in a phase 1/2 trial in patients with previously treated follicular lymphoma (FL)...
- Radioimmunotherapy: An Anti-Neoplastic StrategyAndres Forero; Fiscal Year: 2006..The follow-up trial will be a phase II study to determine the efficacy of 131I-HuCC49ACH2 in resistant/refractory EOC patients. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..