Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- The "Measuring Outcomes of Clinical Connectivity" (MOCC) trial: investigating data entry errors in the Electronic Primary Care Research Network (ePCRN)Patricia Fontaine
Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, University of Minnesota Medical School, 925 Delaware Street Southeast, Minneapolis, MN 55414, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 20:151-9. 2007....
- Medical home transformation: a gradual process and a continuum of attainmentLeif I Solberg
HealthPartners Institute for Education and Research, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55440 1524, USA
Ann Fam Med 11:S108-14. 2013..We analyzed data from an evaluation of certified medical homes in Minnesota to study this topic...
- Patient-centered medical home cost reductions limited to complex patientsThomas J Flottemesch
HealthPartners Research Foundation, PO Box 1524, MS 21111R, Minneapolis, MN 55440 1524, USA
Am J Manag Care 18:677-86. 2012..To examine the long-term relationships between costs, utilization, and patient-centered medical home (PCMH) clinical practice systems...
- Trends in quality during medical home transformationLeif I Solberg
HealthPartners Research Foundation, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55440 1524, USA
Ann Fam Med 9:515-21. 2011..Expectations for large and rapid change are probably unrealistic...
- Relationship of clinic medical home scores to health care costsThomas J Flottemesch
HealthPartners Research Foundation, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55440 1524, USA
J Ambul Care Manage 34:78-89. 2011..4%) and outpatient ($1282/person, 3.5%) costs among patients with 11 or more prescriptions suggesting higher functioning PCMHs may lead to reduced costs among the most complex and costly patients...
- Patient medical group continuity and healthcare utilizationLouise H Anderson
HealthPartners Research Foundation, Minneapolis, MN 55425, USA
Am J Manag Care 18:450-7. 2012..To measure continuity among medical groups of insured patients over a 5-year period and to test whether group continuity of care is associated with healthcare utilization and costs...
- Using fuzzy set qualitative comparative analysis (fs/QCA) to explore the relationship between medical "homeness" and qualityNels Marcus Thygeson
Center for Healthcare Innovation, Allina Hospitals and Clinics, Minneapolis, MN 55407 1321, USA
Health Serv Res 47:22-45. 2012..Determine, using fuzzy set qualitative comparative analysis (fs/QCA), the relationship between patient-centered medical home (PCMH) systems and quality in 21 NCQA recognized medical homes...
- Should intrathecal narcotics be used as a sole labor analgesic? A prospective comparison of spinal opioids and epidural bupivacainePatricia Fontaine
Department of Family Practice Community Health, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Fam Pract 51:630-5. 2002..Intrathecal narcotics (ITNs) are being used in some settings as a sole labor analgesic. However, they have not been directly compared to epidural analgesia...
- Clinical inquiries. Does treating diastolic BP to less than 90 mm Hg lower cardiovascular risk?Patricia Fontaine
Department of Family Practice and Community Health, University Family Physicians North Memorial Clinic, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
J Fam Pract 53:144-6. 2004
- Recruiting for a randomized controlled trial from an ethnically diverse population: lessons from the Maternal Infection and Preterm Labor StudyJennifer L Welsh
Deparetment of Family Practice and Community Health, University of Minnesota Medical School, A692 Mayo Memorial Building, 420 Delaware Street SE, MMC 381, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Fam Pract 51:760. 2002..To compare recruitment rates for Caucasians and minorities in a randomized, controlled trial based in a family practice residency clinic...
- Predictors of mothers' postpartum body dissatisfactionDwenda Gjerdingen
Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Women Health 49:491-504. 2009..To investigate changes in mothers' body dissatisfaction from delivery to 9 months postpartum, and the relationship of postpartum body dissatisfaction to weight, other health, and social characteristics...
- Minnesota's Early Experience with Medical Home Implementation: Viewpoints from the Front LinesPatricia Fontaine
HealthPartners Institute for Education and Research, PO Box 1524, MS 23301A, Minneapolis, MN, 55440 1524, USA
J Gen Intern Med 30:899-906. 2015..Minnesota has developed its own PCMH certification process, envisioned as an all-payer initiative with an emphasis on patient-centeredness, which may add unique experiences and outcomes to the national discussion...
- Relationship of clinic medical home scores to quality and patient experienceLeif I Solberg
HealthPartners Research Foundation, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55440, USA
J Ambul Care Manage 34:57-66. 2011..We conclude that among primary care clinics recognized as high-level medical homes, the instrument used to assess medical home characteristics cannot differentiate their quality...
- Systematic review of health information exchange in primary care practicesPatricia Fontaine
Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 23:655-70. 2010..Ambulatory primary care practices are essential to this process; however, the factors that motivate them to participate in HIE are not well studied, particularly among small practices...
- Health information exchange: participation by Minnesota primary care practicesPatricia Fontaine
Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, Medical School, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Arch Intern Med 170:622-9. 2010..To achieve these goals, small primary care practices must participate. Factors that motivate or prevent them from doing so are examined...
- Is consistent primary care within a patient-centered medical home related to utilization patterns and costs?Patricia Fontaine
Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55414, USA
J Ambul Care Manage 34:10-9. 2011....
- The Electronic Primary Care Research Network (ePCRN): a new era in practice-based researchKevin A Peterson
Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, University of Minnesota, 925 Delaware Street, Dinnaken Office Building Suite 220, Minneapolis, MN 55414, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 19:93-7. 2006....
- Hypertensive disorders of pregnancyLawrence Leeman
University of New Mexico, Department of Family and Community Medicine, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Am Fam Physician 78:93-100. 2008..Magnesium sulfate is the drug of choice to prevent and treat eclampsia. The use of magnesium sulfate for seizure prophylaxis in women with mild preeclampsia is controversial because of the low incidence of seizures in this population...
- Improving collaboration between Primary Care Research Networks using Access Grid technologyZsolt Nagykaldi
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Inform Prim Care 16:51-8; discussion 59-60. 2008..It discusses the design, installation and use of AG implementations, potential future applications, barriers to adoption, and suggested solutions...
- The nature and management of labor pain: part II. Pharmacologic pain reliefLawrence Leeman
University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Am Fam Physician 68:1115-20. 2003..Research is needed regarding which pain-relief options women would choose if they were offered a range of choices beyond epidural analgesia or parenteral opioids...
- Management of labor pain: promoting patient choiceLawrence Leeman
Am Fam Physician 68:1023, 1026, 1033 passim. 2003
- Dystocia in nulliparous womenSara G Shields
Dept of Family Medicine and Community Health, Family Health Center of Worchester, University of Massachusetts, Massachusetts 01610, USA
Am Fam Physician 75:1671-8. 2007....