Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Virtual reality skills training for health care professionals in alcohol screening and brief interventionMichael Fleming
Department of Family Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53715, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 22:387-98. 2009..Educating physicians and other health care professionals about the identification and treatment of patients who drink more than recommended limits is an ongoing challenge...
- Carbohydrate-deficient transferrin: validity of a new alcohol biomarker in a sample of patients with diabetes and hypertensionMichael Fleming
Department of Family Medicine, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, 53715, USA
J Am Board Fam Pract 17:247-55. 2004..To test the reliability and validity of a new alcohol biomarker...
- The efficacy of a brief alcohol intervention combined with %CDT feedback in patients being treated for type 2 diabetes and/or hypertensionMichael Fleming
Department of Family Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison, 777 South Mills Street, Madison, Wisconsin 53715, USA
J Stud Alcohol 65:631-7. 2004..This article reports the findings of a brief intervention trial which included feedback to patients of their carbohydrate-deficient transferrin (CDT) test results...
- Methadone maintenance and male sexual dysfunctionRandy Brown
University of Wisconsin Medical Schoool, Department of Family Medicine, Madison, WI 53715, USA
J Addict Dis 24:91-106. 2005..This study reports the prevalence and types of sexual dysfunction in a sample of men on methadone maintenance for opioid dependence, and describes factors which may contribute to sexual dysfunction...
- Acculturation and cigarette smoking among pregnant Hispanic women residing in the United StatesM Gabrielle Detjen
Department of Population Health Sciences, School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53726, USA
Am J Public Health 97:2040-7. 2007..We explored whether higher levels of acculturation were associated with higher rates of cigarette smoking among pregnant Hispanic women residing in the United States...
- Inside the physician's black bag: critical ingredients of brief alcohol interventionsPaul Grossberg
Department of Pediatrics and University Health Services, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53715 1381, USA
Subst Abus 31:240-50. 2010..This is the first paper to examine primary care physician perspectives on potentially critical components of effective brief alcohol intervention...
- Prevalence of interpersonal abuse in primary care patients prescribed opioids for chronic painStacey Balousek
Department of Family Medicine, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI, USA
J Gen Intern Med 22:1268-73. 2007..Interpersonal abuse is associated with clinical problems including chronic pain disorders...
- Domestic abuse during the previous year in a sample of postpartum womenHeather E Certain
Wm S Middleton Memorial VA Hospital, Madison, WI 53705, USA
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 37:35-41. 2008..To determine the prevalence and the correlates of domestic abuse in women presenting for a postpartum visit...
- Alcohol biomarkers in patients admitted for traumaMichael Fleming
Department of Family Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53715, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 33:1777-81. 2009..To assess the value of blood alcohol levels (BAL) and carbohydrate-deficient transferrin (CDT) in trauma patients...
- Adverse effects and cognitive function among primary care patients taking opioids for chronic nonmalignant painRandall T Brown
University of Wisconsin, Madison Medical School, Department of Family Medicine, Madison, USA
J Opioid Manag 2:137-46. 2006..Psychological health, an important predictor of cognitive dysfunction, is a particularly important measure to actively monitor and manage...
- Validity of the alcohol use disorders identification test in college studentsPatricia K Kokotailo
Departments of Pediatrics, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53715, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 28:914-20. 2004..The goal of this study was to test the psychometric properties of the Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test (AUDIT) in college students...
- Brief Alcohol Intervention--Healthy Moms ProjectMichael Fleming; Fiscal Year: 2005..Significance: The proposed study would significantly increase our understanding of how to reduce alcohol use in post partum patients and how to limit FAS and fetal alcohol exposure. ..
- Primary care alcohol intervention in college studentsMichael Fleming; Fiscal Year: 2008..A positive trial would have important implications for the 4000 colleges and universities in the United States. ..
- NIH NRSA Institutional Research Training Grant (T32)Michael Fleming; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] Significance: This would be the first NIAAA T32 focused on training physician scientists to conduct clinical and behavioral science research general medical and surgical care settings. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Opiod Addiction in Primary Care Chronic Pain PatientsMichael Fleming; Fiscal Year: 2002..Summary: This would be the first large prevalence survey conducted in the US health care system to assess rates of addiction in a primary care chronic pain population. ..