Affiliation: University of California
- Driver screening for older adultsL Jaime Fitten
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, Calif 91343, USA
Arch Intern Med 163:2129-31; discussion 2131. 2003
- Development and preliminary evaluation of a quality of life measure targeted at dementia caregiversBarbara G Vickrey
University of California, Los Angeles Department of Neurology, Los Angeles, California 90095 1769, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 7:56. 2009..The purpose of this study was to develop and evaluate a caregiver-targeted quality-of-life measure (CGQOL) for informal caregivers of persons with dementia that can be used with caregivers from a variety of ethnicities...
- Reduction of motoric agitation and restlessness by AF102B and tacrine in the macaqueL J Fitten
U S Department of Veterans Affairs Sepulveda Medical Centers, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 11:79-85. 1999..Both THA and AF102B reduced movement significantly at high doses without overt side effects, warranting further research on the agitation-reducing potential of cognition-enhancing cholinomimetic drugs...
- Depression, diabetes and metabolic-nutritional factors in elderly HispanicsL J Fitten
Alzheimer Disease Research Center, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Nutr Health Aging 12:634-40. 2008..To examine the relationship of depression to metabolic and nutritional risk factors in older Hispanics...
- Effects of muscarinic and adrenergic agonism on auditory P300 in the macaqueJ O'NEILL
Department of Veterans Affairs West LA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
Physiol Behav 70:163-70. 2000....
- Reduction in distractibility with AF102B and THA in the macaqueJOSEPH O'NEILL
University of California Los Angeles Neuropsychiatric Institute 47 417A, 760 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90024 1759, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 76:301-6. 2003..Reaction time at best dose decreased for both drugs, but not significantly. Muscarinic agonists and cholinesterase inhibitors may reduce distractibility in primates...
- Neuropsychiatric and behavioral symptoms in a community sample of Hispanics with Alzheimer's diseaseFreddy Ortiz
The Neuropsychiatry Research Memory Clinic, Olive View UCLA Medical Center, Sylmar, CA 91342, USA
Am J Alzheimers Dis Other Demen 21:263-73. 2006..These findings have implications for differential sociocultural presentations of Alzheimer's disease among ethnic/racial groups...
- Frequency of Alzheimer's disease and other dementias in a community outreach sample of HispanicsL J Fitten
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, UCLA School of Medicine, CA, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 49:1301-8. 2001..Further studies are needed to obtain accurate prevalence estimates of dementing disorders among the different U.S. Hispanic populations...
- Diffusion tensor imaging in preclinical and presymptomatic carriers of familial Alzheimer's disease mutationsJohn M Ringman
UCLA Department of Neurology, Alzheimer s Disease Research Center, 10911 Weyburn Ave, Suite 200, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7226, USA
Brain 130:1767-76. 2007..Decreased FA in of the columns of the fornix is particularly robust in early FAD and may provide a biomarker for early disease in sporadic Alzheimer's disease...