Melissa A Fischer
Affiliation: University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Learning from mistakes. Factors that influence how students and residents learn from medical errors
Department of Internal Medicine, Meyers Primary Care Institute, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
J Gen Intern Med 21:419-23. 2006..Trainees are exposed to medical errors throughout medical school and residency. Little is known about what facilitates and limits learning from these experiences...
- Between two worlds: a multi-institutional qualitative analysis of students' reflections on joining the medical profession
University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:958-63. 2008..We analyzed student reflections to inform curricula and support learning...
- Prescribers and pharmaceutical representatives: why are we still meeting?Melissa A Fischer
University of Massachusetts Medical School, 55 Lake Ave N, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
J Gen Intern Med 24:795-801. 2009..This work has primarily been with physicians and physician-trainees. Questions remain regarding why prescribers continue to meet with pharmaceutical representatives (PRs)...
- Factors influencing preceptors' responses to medical errors: a factorial surveyKathleen M Mazor
630 Plantation Street, Meyers Primary Care Institute, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Acad Med 80:S88-92. 2005..Preceptors must respond to trainees' medical errors, but little is known about what factors influence their responses...
- Teaching and medical errors: primary care preceptors' viewsKathleen M Mazor
Meyers Primary Care Institute, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01605, USA
Med Educ 39:982-90. 2005..In particular, we examined preceptors' responses to trainees involved in medical errors, factors influencing their response, and their perceptions of barriers to teaching from medical errors...
- Disclosure of medical errors: what factors influence how patients respond?Kathleen M Mazor
Meyers Primary Care Institute, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Fallon Foundation and Fallon Community Health Plan, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
J Gen Intern Med 21:704-10. 2006..Disclosure of medical errors is encouraged, but research on how patients respond to specific practices is limited...
- Discussion of medical errors in morbidity and mortality conferencesEdgar Pierluissi
San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center, San Francisco, California, USA
JAMA 290:2838-42. 2003..Morbidity and mortality conferences in residency programs are intended to discuss adverse events and errors with a goal to improve patient care. Little is known about whether residency training programs are accomplishing this goal...