Gregory A Filice
Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Use of a computer decision support system and antimicrobial therapy appropriatenessGregory A Filice
Infectious Disease Section, Department of Medicine, Minneapolis Veterans Affairs Health Care System, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55417, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 34:558-65. 2013..To determine whether antimicrobial (AM) courses ordered with an antimicrobial computer decision support system (CDSS) were more likely to be appropriate than courses ordered without the CDSS...
- A period of increased susceptibility to cigarette smoking among high school studentsGregory A Filice
University of Minnesota, Infectious Disease Section, 111F, 300 West Bank Office Bldg, 1300 South Second St, Minneapolis, MN 55454 1015, USA
J Sch Health 73:272-8. 2003..Whether associated with ninth grade or with the first year in a new school, this previously unrecognized period of heightened susceptibility might represent an important opportunity for prevention...
- Nocardiosis in persons with human immunodeficiency virus infection, transplant recipients, and large, geographically defined populationsGregory A Filice
Infectious Disease Section, Medical Service, Veterans Affairs Medical Center Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
J Lab Clin Med 145:156-62. 2005..These estimated incidence rates are imprecise because they were not collected through prospective surveillance systems, but the estimates for the 3 groups were internally consistent and provide useful information for clinicians...
- Excess costs and utilization associated with methicillin resistance for patients with Staphylococcus aureus infectionGregory A Filice
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School, University of Minnesota School of Public Health, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 31:365-73. 2010..To determine differences in healthcare costs between cases of methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus (MSSA) infection and methicillin-resistant S. aureus (MRSA) infection in adults...
- Cost of screening intensive care unit patients for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in hospitalsJohn A Nyman
Division of Health Policy and Management, University of Minnesota School of Public Health, 420 Delaware St SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Am J Infect Control 39:27-34. 2011..The objective of this study is to determine the costs per hospital admission of screening intensive care unit patients for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and isolating those who are colonized...
- Diagnostic Errors that Lead to Inappropriate Antimicrobial UseGregory A Filice
1Infectious Disease Section, Department of Medicine, Minneapolis Veterans Affairs Health Care System, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 36:949-56. 2015..We found previously that inappropriate inpatient antimicrobial use was often attributable to erroneous diagnoses. Here, we detail diagnostic errors and their relationship to inappropriate antimicrobial courses...
- Antimicrobial stewardship in outpatient settings: a systematic reviewDimitri M Drekonja
1Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 36:142-52. 2015..Evaluate the effect of outpatient antimicrobial stewardship programs on prescribing, patient, microbial outcomes, and costs...
- Elevated granulocyte colony-stimulating factor, non-infectious leukocytosis and fevers in a patient with multiple myelomaMeghan M Sebasky
University of Minnesota Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:2134-5. 2008..We report the case of a 56-year-old male with multiple myeloma in whom recurrent fevers and leukocytosis delayed potentially effective chemotherapy due to concern for active infection...
- Antimicrobial stewardship programs in inpatient hospital settings: a systematic reviewBrittin Wagner
Center for Chronic Disease Outcomes Research, Minneapolis Veterans Affairs Health Care System, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 35:1209-28. 2014..Evaluate the evidence for effects of inpatient antimicrobial stewardship programs (ASPs) on patient, prescribing, and microbial outcomes...
- Comparative effectiveness of Clostridium difficile treatments: a systematic reviewDimitri M Drekonja
Minneapolis Veterans Affairs Health Care System, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minnesota Evidence based Practice Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55417, USA
Ann Intern Med 155:839-47. 2011..Clostridium difficile infection is increasing in incidence and severity. The optimal treatment is unknown...
- Information resources used in antimicrobial prescribingJonathan S Sellman
Medicine Service, Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Minnesota, MN, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 11:281-4. 2004..It was concluded that decision support at the point of electronic order entry is likely to be used and might improve antimicrobial prescribing...
- SARS, pneumothorax, and our response to epidemicsGregory A Filice
Chest 125:1982-4. 2004