Terry D Fife
Affiliation: University of Arizona
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo in the Acute Care SettingTerry D Fife
Department of Neurology, Barrow Neurological Institute, University of Arizona College of Medicine, 240 West Thomas Road, Suite 301, Phoenix, AZ 85013, USA Electronic address
Neurol Clin 33:601-17, viii-ix. 2015..There are several forms of BPPV. In nearly all cases, highly effective treatment can be offered to patients. This article reviews the current state of our understanding of this condition and its management...
- Anxiety in a dizzy patient: the importance of communication in improving outcomeTerry D Fife
Barrow Neurological Institute, 240 West Thomas Road, Suite 301, Phoenix, AZ 85013, USA
Continuum (Minneap Minn) 18:1163-6. 2012..The following case exemplifies how a high-functioning person can become severely limited because of the complex intertwining of several types of dizziness with anxiety...
- Positional dizzinessTerry D Fife
Barrow Neurological Institute, 240 West Thomas Road, Suite 301, Phoenix, Arizona 85013, USA
Continuum (Minneap Minn) 18:1060-85. 2012..This article also reviews the treatment methods of selected canal variants of benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV)...
- Benign paroxysmal positional vertigoTerry D Fife
University of Arizona College of Medicine, Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix, Arizona 85013, USA
Semin Neurol 29:500-8. 2009..Recurrence rates approach 50% in those followed for at least 5 years...
- Measuring the effects of antiepileptic medications on balance in older peopleTerry D Fife
Department of Neurology, Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix, AZ 85013, USA
Epilepsy Res 70:103-9. 2006..This study was undertaken to prospectively compare quantitative measures of balance in older people taking carbamazepine, gabapentin and lamotrigine...
- A prescription for the Epley maneuver: www.youtube.com?Kevin A Kerber
Department of Neurology, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Neurology 79:376-80. 2012..However, the maneuver is underused in routine care. In this study, we aimed to describe and analyze the available information about the EM on youtube.com...
- Second-generation antiepileptic drugs' impact on balance: a meta-analysisJoseph I Sirven
Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Scottsdale, Ariz, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 82:40-7. 2007..To systematically review available evidence regarding whether second-generation antiepileptic drugs (AEDs) contribute to the risk of balance disorders...
- Diagnosis and management of epilepsy associated with hypothalamic hamartoma: an evidence-based systematic reviewSandipan Pati
Department of Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02411, USA
J Child Neurol 28:909-16. 2013....
- Posttraumatic vertigo and dizzinessTerry D Fife
Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix, Arizona
Semin Neurol 33:238-43. 2013..In this article, the authors review both the inner ear causes of dizziness after concussion and also the current understanding of chronic postconcussive dizziness when no peripheral vestibular cause can be identified. ..
- Autoimmune hearing loss in chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathyK Sivakumar
Barrow Neurological Institute, University of Arizona College of Medicine, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Neurology 65:1673-4. 2005