Affiliation: University of Illinois
- Childhood overweight/obesity and pediatric asthma: the role of parental perception of child weight statusSalma M A Musaad
Family Resiliency Center, Department of Human and Community Development, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 904 W Nevada, MC 081, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Nutrients 5:3713-29. 2013..In summary, parents of children with asthma or food allergy were less likely to recognize their child's overweight/obese status and their feeding practices did not differ from those without asthma and food allergy. ..
- Family mealtimes: a contextual approach to understanding childhood obesityBarbara H Fiese
Department of Human and Community Development, Family Resiliency Center, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61801, United States
Econ Hum Biol 10:365-74. 2012..Recommendations are made for future research directions and policies directed toward families living in diverse economic circumstances...
- Where they live, how they play: neighborhood greenness and outdoor physical activity among preschoolersDiana S Grigsby-Toussaint
Department of Kinesiology and Community Health, Division of Nutritional Sciences, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, USA
Int J Health Geogr 10:66. 2011..In addition, we also explored whether outdoor playing behaviors (e.g., active vs. quiet) were influenced by levels of neighborhood greenness independent of demographic and parental support factors...
- Helpful hints: caregiver-generated asthma management strategies and their relation to pediatric asthma symptoms and quality of lifeKimberly P Raymond
Family Resiliency Center, Department of Human and Community Development, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 904 W Nevada, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 37:414-23. 2012..This mixed-methods study examined the relation between caregiver-generated asthma management strategies and asthma severity in a sample of 200 children with persistent asthma (ages 5-12 years)...
- The ABCs of family mealtimes: observational lessons for promoting healthy outcomes for children with persistent asthmaBarbara H Fiese
The University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, The Family Resiliency Center, Urbana, IL 61801 3811, USA
Child Dev 82:133-45. 2011..Guidance is offered for practitioners and policy makers toward promoting healthy family mealtimes as a public health priority...
- Mealtime interactions in families of a child with cystic fibrosis: a meta-analysisAmber J Hammons
Human and Community Development, 2028 Christopher Hall, M C 081904 W Nevada St, Urbana, IL 61801, United States
J Cyst Fibros 9:377-84. 2010..Both global measures of family functioning during the mealtime and parent-child micro behaviors specific to feeding were compared to determine if one class of mealtime behaviors is more strongly affected...
- FAMILY RITUAL CONTINUITY--PROTECTIVE FACTORS, CHILD MHBarbara Fiese; Fiscal Year: 1999..Gender differences in thematic content of family stories will be examined. The results of this study will inform intervention and prevention efforts aimed at the early school years. ..
- Family Ritual Continuity: Comorbidity Child MH & IllnessBarbara Fiese; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..