Shingairai A Feresu
Affiliation: University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Incidence of stillbirth and perinatal mortality and their associated factors among women delivering at Harare Maternity Hospital, Zimbabwe: a cross-sectional retrospective analysisShingairai A Feresu
Department of Preventive and Societal Medicine, University of Nebraska Medical Center 984350 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 4350, USA
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 5:9. 2005..Improved quality of obstetric care during labor and delivery may help reduce the number of fresh stillbirths and early neonatal deaths...
- The frequency and distribution of cardiovascular disease risk factors among Nebraska women enrolled in the WISEWOMAN screening programShingairai A Feresu
Department of Epidemiology, College of Public Health, University of Nebraska Medical Center, College of Public Health, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 4395, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 17:607-17. 2008..To examine cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk factors and changes in the 10-year coronary heart disease (CHD) risk factors in women who participated in the WISEWOMAN program in Nebraska...
- Breast and cervical cancer screening among low-income women in Nebraska: findings from the Every Woman Matters program, 1993-2004Shingairai A Feresu
University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Public Health, Department of Epidemiology, Omaha, NE 68198 4395, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 19:797-813. 2008..To examine the likelihood of enrollees in the Nebraska Every Woman Matters program being screened for breast and cervical cancer...
- Maternal obesity and the risk of infant death in the United StatesAimin Chen
Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE 68178, USA
Epidemiology 20:74-81. 2009..Its association with infant death, postneonatal death, and cause-specific infant death is less well-characterized...
- Risk factors for prematurity at Harare Maternity Hospital, ZimbabweShingairai A Feresu
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104 3028, USA
Int J Epidemiol 33:1194-201. 2004..This preliminary study describes the socio-demographic, reproductive, medical, and obstetrical risk factors for having a live pre-term delivery (PTD) in Zimbabwe...
- Heterogeneity of preterm birth subtypes in relation to neonatal deathAimin Chen
Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Creighton University School of Medicine, 2500 California Plaza, Omaha, NE 68178, USA
Obstet Gynecol 114:516-22. 2009..To investigate the heterogeneity of preterm labor, preterm premature rupture of membranes (PROM), and indicated preterm birth in overall and gestational-age-specific neonatal death risk...
- Incidence of and socio-demographic risk factors for stillbirth, preterm birth and low birthweight among Zimbabwean womenShingairai A Feresu
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, MI 48105, USA
Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 18:154-63. 2004..Reducing the frequency of stillbirth will require a better understanding of the determinants of preterm births and strategies for addressing this particular subset of high-risk births...
- Perceptions of pregnancy complications in HaitiFrank W J Anderson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, USA
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 100:116-23. 2008..To determine the incidence of perceived pregnancy complications and associated factors...