Affiliation: University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
- Outcome of a hepatitis C outbreak among patients in a pain management clinicJavid Fazili
Digestive Diseases, Internal Medicine, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Williams Pavilion 1360, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Dig Dis Sci 55:1738-43. 2010..The aims of this study are to evaluate the natural history and response to therapy of patients following a hepatitis C outbreak in a pain management clinic...
- A case of hearing loss associated with pegylated interferon and ribavirin treatment ameliorated by prednisoneVu Le
University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Nat Clin Pract Gastroenterol Hepatol 6:57-60. 2009..He had been taking pegylated interferon (PEG-IFN) and ribavirin treatment for 6 weeks without any notable adverse effects. He had also been taking naproxen for 2 years for the treatment of chronic back pain...
- Hepatitis C prevalence in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma without cirrhosisMohammad F Madhoun
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, USA
Am J Med Sci 339:169-73. 2010..Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) occurring in "noncirrhotic" hepatitis C virus (HCV)-infected patients has been reported; but the exact prevalence or incidence has not been described before...
- Fluvastatin inhibits hepatitis C replication in humansTed Bader
Veteran s Administration Medical Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 103:1383-9. 2008..Additional agents are needed to increase the cure rate. In vitro experiments show strong antiviral effects of fluvastatin against HCV...
- Plasma DCLK1 is a marker of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC): Targeting DCLK1 prevents HCC tumor xenograft growth via a microRNA-dependent mechanismSripathi M Sureban
Department of Medicine, The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Oncotarget 6:37200-15. 2015..Our results support evaluating DCLK1 as a biomarker for detection and as a therapeutic target for eradicating HCC. ..
- Cirrhosis and its complications: evidence based treatmentSalman Nusrat
Salman Nusrat, Muhammad S Khan, Javid Fazili, Mohammad F Madhoun, Department of Medicine, Division of Digestive Diseases and Nutrition, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center and Veterans Affair Medical Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, United States
World J Gastroenterol 20:5442-60. 2014..A literature search of the published data was performed to provide a comprehensive review regarding the management of cirrhosis and its complications. ..
- Remission of natural-killer cell lymphoma of the liver with anti-hepatitis C therapyJess F Armor
Section of Hematology Oncology and OU cancer Center, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104, USA
Am J Hematol 78:212-5. 2005..Interestingly, we observed clinical and radiologic remission of the neoplasm following treatment with anti-hepatitis C therapy...