Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Arizona
- Systematic screens for proteins that interact with the mucolipidosis type IV protein TRPML1Ellen Spooner
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e56780. 2013..Future studies on the true interactors, first identified in these screens, will help elucidate the structure and function of protein complexes containing TRPML1...
- Lysosomal trafficking functions of mucolipin-1 in murine macrophagesEric G Thompson
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Life Sciences South Room 531, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
BMC Cell Biol 8:54. 2007..Two cell biological defects that have been described in MLIV fibroblasts are a hyperacidification of lysosomes and a delay in the exit of lipids from lysosomes...
- Regulation of endocytosis by CUP-5, the Caenorhabditis elegans mucolipin-1 homologH Fares
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York, USA
Nat Genet 28:64-8. 2001..elegans cup-5 mutant may be a useful model for studying conserved aspects of mucolipin-1 structure and function and for assessing the effects of potential therapeutic compounds...
- Roles of CUP-5, the Caenorhabditis elegans orthologue of human TRPML1, in lysosome and gut granule biogenesisErin M Campbell
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
BMC Cell Biol 11:40. 2010..This link between CUP-5 and gut granules led us to determine the roles of CUP-5 in lysosome and gut granule biogenesis in developing intestinal cells...
- Genetic analysis of endocytosis in Caenorhabditis elegans: coelomocyte uptake defective mutantsH Fares
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
Genetics 159:133-45. 2001....
- Enhancer of rudimentaryp1, e(r)p1, a highly conserved enhancer of the rudimentary geneE Wojcik
Department of Biology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109
Genetics 138:1163-70. 1994..The amino acid sequences of the D. melanogaster and the Drosophila virilis proteins are 95% identical...
- Localization and possible functions of Drosophila septinsH Fares
Department of Biology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599, USA
Mol Biol Cell 6:1843-59. 1995..Both immunolocalization and biochemical experiments show that Sep1 is intimately associated with Pnut, suggesting that the Drosophila septins, like those in yeast, function as part of a complex...
- The septins: roles in cytokinesis and other processesM S Longtine
Department of Biology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599 3280, USA
Curr Opin Cell Biol 8:106-19. 1996..The septins also appear to be involved in various other aspects of the organization of the cell surface...
- Role of the yeast Gin4p protein kinase in septin assembly and the relationship between septin assembly and septin functionM S Longtine
Department of Biology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Cell Biol 143:719-36. 1998..Field, C.M., O. Al-Awar, J. Rosenblatt, M.L. Wong, B. Alberts, and T.J. Mitchison. 1996. J. Cell Biol. 133:605-616)...
- Analysis of endocytosis in Caenorhabditis elegansHanna Fares; Fiscal Year: 2006..New genes identified in worms will also be studied in humans through collaborations with researchers who study this process. ..