Genomes and Genes
Deane L Falcone
Affiliation: University of Massachusetts
- Regulation of membrane fatty acid composition by temperature in mutants of Arabidopsis with alterations in membrane lipid compositionDeane L Falcone
Department of Agronomy and the Kentucky Tobacco Research and Development Center, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40546, USA
BMC Plant Biol 4:17. 2004..To explore the regulation of the membrane composition and photosynthetic function in response to temperature, we examined the effect of temperature in a collection of mutants with altered membrane lipid fatty acid composition...
- A polyadenylation factor subunit implicated in regulating oxidative signaling in Arabidopsis thalianaJingxian Zhang
Kentucky Tobacco Research and Development Center, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, United States of America
PLoS ONE 3:e2410. 2008..To gain additional insight into oxidative signaling responses, Arabidopsis mutants that exhibited tolerance to oxidative stress were isolated. We describe herein the isolation and characterization of one such mutant, oxt6...
- Improved growth and stress tolerance in the Arabidopsis oxt1 mutant triggered by altered adenine metabolismSuchada Sukrong
Department of Plant and Soil Science, University of Kentucky Lexington, KY 40546, USA
Mol Plant 5:1310-32. 2012..The results also suggest that adenine might play a part in the signals that modulate responses to abiotic stress and plant growth...
- Use of alpha-, beta-Estrogen Receptor as a "new tool" for detection of specific small molecule activitySamir Kumar Gunjan
Kentucky Tobacco Research and Development Center, University of Kentucky, 1401 University Drive, Lexington, KY 40546, USA
Plant Mol Biol Report 33:1837-1843. 2015..We conclude that it is possible to express human NRs in plants in a form that can report on exogenous or endogenous ER ligands and that these constructs have a pharmacology which is relevant to ligands for the native NRs in human cells...
- Reactive oxygen species regulate alkaloid metabolism in undifferentiated N. tabacum cellsNita Sachan
Kentucky Research and Development Center, University of Kentucky, Naprogenix, Inc, Lexington, KY 40515, USA
Plant Cell Rep 29:437-48. 2010..These results suggest that ROS impact the regulation of the alkaloid pathway in undifferentiated cells and have implications for regulation of the pathway in other plant tissues...
- Calmodulin interacts with and regulates the RNA-binding activity of an Arabidopsis polyadenylation factor subunitKimberly J Delaney
Department of Plant and Soil Sciences, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40546 0312, USA
Plant Physiol 140:1507-21. 2006....
- Wound-induced gene expression of putrescine N-methyltransferase in leaves of Nicotiana tabacumNita Sachan
Plant Physiology, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Program, Agronomy Department and Kentucky Tobacco Research and Development Center, University of Kentucky, Cooper and University Drives, Lexington, KY 40546 0236, USA
Phytochemistry 61:797-805. 2002..Low levels of PMT activity were detected in leaf tissue, which did not increase significantly upon wounding...