Affiliation: University of California
- Mortality among women with ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast in the population-based surveillance, epidemiology and end results programV L Ernster
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0560, USA
Arch Intern Med 160:953-8. 2000..Over 14% of breast cancers diagnosed in the United States annually are ductal carcinomas in situ (DCIS). There are no published population-based reports of the likelihood of breast cancer death among US women with DCIS...
- Women and tobacco: moving from policy to actionV Ernster
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
Bull World Health Organ 78:891-901. 2000..Women's empowerment and leadership should be at the centre of all tobacco control efforts and are essential for the success of national programmes and the recently introduced Framework Convention on Tobacco Control...
- Performance of screening mammography among women with and without a first-degree relative with breast cancerK Kerlikowske
General Internal Medicine Section, 111A1, San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 4150 Clement Street, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Ann Intern Med 133:855-63. 2000..Although it is recommended that women with a family history of breast cancer begin screening mammography at a younger age than average-risk women, few studies have evaluated the performance of mammography in this group...
- A comparison of two methods to teach smoking-cessation techniques to medical studentsM A Papadakis
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine 94143, USA
Acad Med 72:725-7. 1997..To evaluate two smoking-cessation practice exercises, one using standardized patients (SPs), the other using role playing by medical students...
- Spit (smokeless) tobacco use by high school baseball athletes in CaliforniaM M Walsh
Department of Dental Public Health and Hygiene, School of Dentistry, University of California, San Francisco 94143 1361, USA
Tob Control 9:II32-9. 2000..To describe the prevalence, patterns, and correlates of spit (smokeless) tobacco (ST) use in a sample of high school baseball athletes in California...
- Variability and accuracy in mammographic interpretation using the American College of Radiology Breast Imaging Reporting and Data SystemK Kerlikowske
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Department of Veterans Affairs, University of California, San Francisco 94121, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 90:1801-9. 1998....