Herbert H Engelhard
Affiliation: University of Illinois at Chicago
- Clinical presentation, histology, and treatment in 430 patients with primary tumors of the spinal cord, spinal meninges, or cauda equinaHerbert H Engelhard
Departments of Neurosurgery, University of Illinois at Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Neurosurg Spine 13:67-77. 2010..3% and 5.6% of patients, respectively. CONCLUSIONS Data from this study are suitable for benchmarking, describing prevailing patterns of care, and generating additional hypotheses for future studies...
- Descriptive epidemiology of central nervous system germ cell tumors: nonpineal analysisJ Lee Villano
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Neuro Oncol 12:257-64. 2010..3% at 5 years, and 67.6% at 10 years. Previous studies of GCT that have not stratified by site have suggested greater gender disparity. Nonpineal CNS GCT show no significant gender preference, yet have outcomes similar to pineal GCT...
- Delayed response and survival from NovoTTF-100A in recurrent GBMJ Lee Villano
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois Medical Center, Chicago, IL, USA
Med Oncol 30:338. 2013..We present the clinical, imaging and pathological findings for this patient in relation to use of the NovoTTF-100A device...
- Primary CNS germ cell tumors in Japan and the United States: an analysis of 4 tumor registriesBridget J McCarthy
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Neuro Oncol 14:1194-200. 2012..The incidence of primary GCTs is similar between Japan and the United States and has the same gender-based patterns by location. High rates of survival were observed in both countries...
- Malignant pineal germ-cell tumors: an analysis of cases from three tumor registriesJ Lee Villano
Department of Epidemiology Biostatistics, School of Public Health, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1603 W Taylor Street, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Neuro Oncol 10:121-30. 2008....
- Current diagnosis and treatment of oligodendrogliomaHerbert H Engelhard
Department of Neurosurgery, The University of Illinois at Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Neurosurg Focus 12:E2. 2002..The strategies used to diagnose and treat oligodendroglial tumors have changed significantly over the past decade. The purpose of this paper is to review the topic of oligodendroglioma, emphasizing the new developments...
- Leptomeningeal metastasis of primary central nervous system (CNS) neoplasmsHerbert H Engelhard
The University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Cancer Treat Res 125:71-85. 2005..Other tumor types, such as glioma, may have radiographic evidence of leptomeningeal metastases without clear impact on prognosis or therapy...
- Aggression in a patient with primary brain tumor: ethical implications for best managementJ Lee Villano
Department of Medicine, Section of Hematology Oncology, University of Illinois, 909 S Wolcott Ave Rm 3133 M C 734, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Neurooncol 94:293-6. 2009..As our therapies improve overall survival in brain tumors, aggression is an important behavior that the field must acknowledge...
- Animal models of leptomeningeal cancerAli Raja
University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Cancer Treat Res 125:159-79. 2005..Since the 1970's, numerous syngeneic and allogeneic rodent models of leptomeningeal cancer have been developed; in this chapter, we present representative models and discuss their clinical and translational implications...
- Subacute subdural hematoma in a 45-year-old woman with no significant past medical history after a roller coaster rideKim A Williams
Rush University General Surgery, Chicago, IL, USA
Am J Emerg Med 27:517.e5-6. 2009..There has also been as many theories to explain these injuries as there have been injuries themselves including how G forces and rotational acceleration can cause both neuroparenchymal and neurovascular injury...
- Oligodendroglioma and anaplastic oligodendroglioma: clinical features, treatment, and prognosisHerbert H Engelhard
Department of Neurosurgery, The University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Surg Neurol 60:443-56. 2003..In this article, the topic of oligodendroglioma and anaplastic oligodendroglioma is reviewed, highlighting the new clinical developments...
- Oligodendroglioma: pathology and molecular biologyHerbert H Engelhard
Department of Neurosurgery, The University of Illinois at Chicago, 912 South Wood Street, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Surg Neurol 58:111-7; discussion 117. 2002..This information, in turn, impacts the way neurosurgeons diagnose and treat patients with these tumors. The purpose of this paper is to review the pathology and basic science of oligodendroglioma, highlighting these developments...
- Mathematical modeling of noise and discovery of genetic expression classes in gliomasHassan M Fathallah-Shaykh
Department of Neurological Sciences, Rush Presbyterian St Lukes Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois, IL 60612, USA
Oncogene 21:7164-74. 2002..The results yield a genetic analysis of gliomas and identify classes of genetic expression that link novel genes to the biology of gliomas...
- Genomic expression discovery predicts pathways and opposing functions behind phenotypesHassan M Fathallah-Shaykh
Department of Neurological Sciences and Neurosurgery, Rush Presbyterian S Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Biol Chem 278:23830-3. 2003..The findings expose interconnected genes and propose a role of genomic expression discovery in functional genomics of living systems...