Affiliation: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Treatment for Adolescents with Depression Study (TADS): safety resultsGraham Emslie
UT Southwestern Medical Centre at Dallas, TX 75390 8589, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 45:1440-55. 2006..To compare the rates of physical, psychiatric, and suicide-related events in adolescents with MDD treated with fluoxetine alone (FLX), cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), combination treatment (COMB), or placebo (PBO)...
- Remission and residual symptoms after short-term treatment in the Treatment of Adolescents with Depression Study (TADS)Betsy Kennard
UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 8589, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 45:1404-11. 2006....
- Early prediction of acute antidepressant treatment response and remission in pediatric major depressive disorderRongrong Tao
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, TX 75390 8589, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 48:71-8. 2009..In a prospective open-label fluoxetine study, we investigate indicators of acute treatment response and remission...
- Attention training for school-aged children with ADHD: results of an open trialLeanne Tamm
UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, 75390 8589, USA
J Atten Disord 14:86-94. 2010....
- Assessment of safety and long-term outcomes of initial treatment with placebo in TADSBetsy D Kennard
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 75390 8589, USA
Am J Psychiatry 166:337-44. 2009....
- Hopelessness and suicidal ideation among adolescents in two culturesSunita Mahtani Stewart
Psychiatry Department, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, TX 75390 8589, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 46:364-72. 2005..This study examines the cross-sectional and longitudinal associations among cognitive variables, depressive symptoms and suicidal ideation in Hong Kong Chinese and Caucasian American adolescents...
- Pharmacological management of treatment-resistant pediatric depressionChristopher J Kratochvil
Department of Psychiatry, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68195 5581, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 44:198-200. 2005
- Switching to another SSRI or to venlafaxine with or without cognitive behavioral therapy for adolescents with SSRI-resistant depression: the TORDIA randomized controlled trialDavid Brent
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
JAMA 299:901-13. 2008..There are no data to guide clinicians on subsequent treatment strategy...
- Acute time to response in the Treatment for Adolescents with Depression Study (TADS)Christopher Kratochvil
University of Nebraska Medical Center NE 68198 5581, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 45:1412-8. 2006..To examine the time to response for both pharmacotherapy and psychotherapy in the Treatment for Adolescents with Depression Study (TADS)...
- An exploratory factor analysis of the children's depression rating scale-revisedYing Guo
Department of Biostatistics, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 16:482-91. 2006..After controlling for gender, the adolescents had more severe depression in terms of observed depressive mood, anhedonia, and somatic symptoms. After controlling for age groups, girls had higher scores for reported depressive mood...
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors in pediatric depression: is the balance between benefits and risks favorable?Christopher J Kratochvil
University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 16:11-24. 2006..The authors have concluded that SSRIs -- in particular, fluoxetine -- do have a role in the treatment of pediatric depression...
- Sleep microarchitecture in childhood and adolescent depression: temporal coherenceRoseanne Armitage
Sleep and Chronophysiology Laboratory, Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48105, USA
Clin EEG Neurosci 37:1-9. 2006..In conclusion, early onset depression is associated with a reduction in synchronization of sleep EEG rhythms that shows a differential maturational course in boys and girls...
- ACNP Task Force report on SSRIs and suicidal behavior in youthJ John Mann
Columbia University New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 31:473-92. 2006....
- Paroxetine treatment in children and adolescents with obsessive-compulsive disorder: a randomized, multicenter, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialDaniel A Geller
Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 43:1387-96. 2004..To assess the efficacy and safety of paroxetine for the treatment of pediatric obsessive-compulsive disorder...
- Impact of comorbidity on treatment response to paroxetine in pediatric obsessive-compulsive disorder: is the use of exclusion criteria empirically supported in randomized clinical trials?Daniel A Geller
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Program, Pediatric Psychopharmacology Research Program, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 13:S19-29. 2003..To examine the influence of psychiatric comorbidity on response and relapse rates in children and adolescents treated with paroxetine for obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)...