Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Opportunistic computed tomography screening shows a high incidence of osteoporosis in ankylosing spondylitis patients with acute vertebral fracturesOsa Emohare
Department of Neurosurgery, Regions Hospital, St Paul, MN, USA Electronic address
J Clin Densitom 18:17-21. 2015..This simple and accessible method saves on time, cost, and exposure to radiation and can help in the planning of a patient's management. ..
- Cost savings analysis of intrawound vancomycin powder in posterior spinal surgeryOsa Emohare
Department of Neurosurgery, Mail Stop 11503G, Regions Hospital, 640 Jackson Street, Saint Paul, MN, 55101 Electronic address
Spine J 14:2710-5. 2014..Significant cost savings are thought to be associated with the use of vancomycin in this setting...
- Posterior fusion for an unstable axial fracture dislocationOsa Emohare
Department of Orthopedics, University of Minnesota, Minnesota, USA Center for Spine and Spinal Cord Injury, Regions Hospital, 640 Jackson Street, St Paul, Minnesota, USA
Surg Neurol Int 4:S58-60. 2013..Accurate diagnosis of soft-tissue injuries depends on the choice of imaging modality and consideration of unique patient-specific factors...
- Immobilized MWCNT support osteogenic cell cultureOsa Emohare
Orthopaedic Research Unit, Department of Surgery, University of Cambridge, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2QQ, UK
J Mater Sci Mater Med 24:1543-50. 2013....
- The effect of early operative stabilization on late displacement of zone I and II sacral fracturesOsa Emohare
Center for Spine and Spinal Cord Injury, Regions Hospital, St Paul, MN, United States
Injury 44:199-202. 2013..This study was designed to evaluate the effect on displacement of early operative stabilization on unstable fractures when compared to stable fractures of the sacrum...
- A minimally invasive pericoccygeal approach to resection of a large presacral schwannoma: case reportOsa Emohare
Department of Neurosurgery, Regions Hospital, St Paul, Minnesota
J Neurosurg Spine 23:81-5. 2015..The tumor was resected using a minimally invasive paracoccygeal approach, which affords improved access with minimal morbidity. ..
- The use of vancomycin powder reduces surgical reoperation in posterior instrumented and noninstrumented spinal surgeryBrian W Hill
Department of Neurosurgery, Regions Hospital, 640 Jackson St, St Paul, MN, 55101, USA
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 156:749-54. 2014..The objective of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of prophylactic intra-wound vancomycin powder in reducing the incidence of repeat surgery for infections after posterior instrumented and noninstrumented spine surgery...