Nicole M Else-Quest
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Context counts: long-term sequelae of premarital intercourse or abstinenceNicole M Else-Quest
University of Wisconsin, Department of Psychology, 1202 W Johnson St, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Sex Res 42:102-12. 2005..There is little evidence that premarital sex per se is disastrous for later sexual functioning or sex guilt; insofar as first sexual experiences are related to later functioning, the context of the experience is the crucial element...
- Gender differences in temperament: a meta-analysisNicole M Else-Quest
Department of Psychology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Psychol Bull 132:33-72. 2006..g., activity: d = 0.33, high-intensity pleasure: d = 0.30), consistent with boys' greater involvement in active rough-and-tumble play. Negative affectivity showed negligible gender differences...
- Assessment of guilt and shame in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer compared with patients with breast and prostate cancerNoelle K Loconte
University of Wisconsin Paul P Carbone Comprehensive Cancer Center, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Clin Lung Cancer 9:171-8. 2008..This study was designed to determine the levels of guilt and shame among patients with non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) compared with breast and prostate cancer...
- Differences in the nonword repetition performance of children with and without specific language impairment: a meta-analysisKatharine Graf Estes
Department of Psychology, Waisman Center, University of Wisconsin Madison, 1500 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI 53705 2280, USA
J Speech Lang Hear Res 50:177-95. 2007..e., the magnitude of the difference between children with and without SLI) across studies and its relation to several factors: type of nonword repetition task, age of SLI sample, and nonword length...
- Cross-national patterns of gender differences in mathematics: a meta-analysisNicole M Else-Quest
Villanova University, Department of Psychology, 800 Lancaster Avenue, Villanova, PA 19085, USA
Psychol Bull 136:103-27. 2010..Results are situated within the context of existing research demonstrating apparently paradoxical effects of societal gender equity and highlight the significance of increasing girls' and women's agency cross-nationally...
- Gender differences in self-conscious emotional experience: a meta-analysisNicole M Else-Quest
Department of Psychology, University of Maryland Baltimore County, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21043, USA
Psychol Bull 138:947-81. 2012..These findings contribute to the literature demonstrating that blanket stereotypes about women's greater emotionality are inaccurate...
- Children's temperament and behavior problems predict their employed mothers' work functioningJanet Shibley Hyde
Department of Psychology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Child Dev 75:580-94. 2004..The evidence was consistent with a structural model in which maternal sense of parenting competence and maternal depressed affect mediated these effects...
- Perceived stigma, self-blame, and adjustment among lung, breast and prostate cancer patientsNicole M Else-Quest
Department of Psychology, Villanova University, Villanova, USA
Psychol Health 24:949-64. 2009..Lung cancer patients were more likely than breast or prostate cancer patients to report internal causal attributions for their cancer. Future research and cancer care are discussed in light of these findings...
- The missing discourse of development: commentary on Lerum and DworkinNicole M Else-Quest
Department of Psychology, Villanova University, USA
J Sex Res 46:264-7; discussion 271-3. 2009..This commentary also addresses their concerns about the language used in the report and highlights the need for clear and precise language in this dialogue...