Amanda F Elliott
Affiliation: University of South Florida
- Vision Impairment Among Older Adults Residing in Subsidized Housing CommunitiesAmanda F Elliott
College of Nursing, University of South Florida, Tampa
Gerontologist 55:S108-17. 2015..To examine the rate of vision impairment and the relationship between vision impairment, cognitive impairment, and chronic comorbid conditions in residents of federally subsidized senior housing facilities...
- Vision impairment among older adults residing in assisted livingAmanda F Elliott
Department of Ophthalmology, School of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
J Aging Health 25:364-78. 2013..To examine rates of visual impairment of older adults in assisted living facilities (ALFs)...
- The personal burden of decreased vision-targeted health-related quality of life in nursing home residentsAmanda F Elliott
Department of Ophthalmology, School of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 700 S 18th St, Suite 609, Birmingham, AL 35294 0009, USA
J Aging Health 22:504-21. 2010..To present the bother subscales of the Nursing Home Vision-Targeted Health-Related Quality of Life Questionnaire (NHVQoL) and to examine their relationship to the original NHVQoL subscales and objective measures of visual function...
- The nursing home minimum data set for vision and its association with visual acuity and contrast sensitivityMark W Swanson
Department of Optometry, School of Optometry, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 57:486-91. 2009..To evaluate the association between the Minimum Data Set's (MDS) Vision Patterns section and near and distance visual acuity and contrast sensitivity in nursing home residents...
- Vision-enhancing interventions in nursing home residents and their short-term effect on physical and cognitive functionAmanda F Elliott
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 57:202-8. 2009..To evaluate the effect of vision-enhancing interventions (cataract surgery or refractive error correction) on physical function and cognitive status in nursing home residents...