Laura A B Elias
Affiliation: University of California
- A time and a place for nkx2-1 in interneuron specification and migrationLaura A B Elias
Institute for Regeneration Medicine, University of California San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Neuron 59:679-82. 2008..demonstrate that postmitotic Nkx2-1 regulates migration and sorting of interneurons to the striatum or cortex by controlling the expression of the guidance receptor, Neuropilin-2...
- Organotypic slice culture of E18 rat brainsLaura Elías
Institute for Regeneration Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, USA
J Vis Exp . 2007..This protocol is also applicable in its present form to making organotypic slice cultures from different embryonic ages for both rats and mice...
- Gap junction adhesion is necessary for radial migration in the neocortexLaura A B Elias
Neuroscience Graduate Program, University of California San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Nature 448:901-7. 2007....
- Gap junctions: multifaceted regulators of embryonic cortical developmentLaura A B Elias
Neuroscience Graduate Program, University of California San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Trends Neurosci 31:243-50. 2008..Gap junctions are thus emerging as multifaceted regulators of cortical development playing diverse roles in intercellular communication...
- Connexin 43 mediates the tangential to radial migratory switch in ventrally derived cortical interneuronsLaura A B Elias
Neuroscience Graduate Program, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Neurosci 30:7072-7. 2010..These findings provide mechanistic and structural support for a gap junction-mediated interaction between migrating interneurons and radial glia during the switch from tangential to radial migration...
- The role of SAP97 in synaptic glutamate receptor dynamicsMacKenzie A Howard
Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:3805-10. 2010..However, due to functional redundancy, other PSD-MAGUKs can presumably compensate when SAP97 is conditionally deleted during development...
- Vesicular monoamine and glutamate transporters select distinct synaptic vesicle recycling pathwaysBibiana Onoa
Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, San Francisco, California 94158 2517, USA
J Neurosci 30:7917-27. 2010..Even when expressed in the same neuron, the two vesicular transporters thus target to distinct populations of synaptic vesicles, presumably due to their selection of distinct recycling pathways...