A D Elias
Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- The impact of induction duration and the number of high-dose cycles on the long-term survival of women with metastatic breast cancer treated with high-dose chemotherapy with stem cell rescue: an analysis of sequential phase I/II trials from the Dana-FarbeA D Elias
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 8:198-205. 2002..Although selection biases may have in part contributed to this effect, a randomized comparison of standard therapy versus short induction/double transplantation is warranted...
- A short course of induction chemotherapy followed by two cycles of high-dose chemotherapy with stem cell rescue for chemotherapy naive metastatic breast cancerA D Elias
Harvard Medical School, and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 27:269-78. 2001..Whilst selection biases may in part contribute to this effect, a much larger phase II double transplant trial is warranted in preparation for a potential randomized comparison of standard therapy vs single vs double transplant...
- A short course of induction chemotherapy followed by two cycles of high-dose chemotherapy with stem cell rescue for chemotherapy naive metastatic breast cancer: sequential phase I/II studiesA D Elias
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 28:447-54. 2001..Whilst selection biases may in part contribute to favorable EFS and OS, a randomized comparison of standard therapy vs double transplant in both metastatic and locally advanced breast cancer is warranted...
- Status of high-dose chemotherapy for breast cancer: a reviewY Nieto
University of Colorado Bone Marrow Transplant Program, Denver 80262, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 6:476-95. 2000..This may come through incorporating more active drugs into HDCT regimens and combining HDCT with novel strategies aimed at eradication of posttransplantation minimal residual disease...
- Premenopausal endocrine-responsive early breast cancer: who receives chemotherapy?M M Regan
IBCSG Statistical Center, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
Ann Oncol 19:1231-41. 2008..PERCHE closed with inadequate accrual; TEXT accrued rapidly...
- Intensive dose-dense compared with high-dose adjuvant chemotherapy for high-risk operable breast cancer: Southwest Oncology Group/Intergroup study 9623Halle C F Moore
Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:1677-82. 2007....
- Phase II trial of bevacizumab in combination with weekly docetaxel in metastatic breast cancer patientsBhuvaneswari Ramaswamy
Division of Hematology Oncology, The Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:3124-9. 2006..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of bevacizumab and weekly docetaxel as first- or second-line therapy in patients with metastatic breast cancer (MBC)...
- Dose-intensive therapy for extensive-stage small cell lung cancer and extrapulmonary small cell carcinoma: long-term outcomeAnthony D Elias
Department of Medicine, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 8:326-33. 2002..Conversely, 3 of the 7 patients with EPSC remain relapse-free (range, 1-96 months), warranting further phase II evaluation of this approach in this population...
- Phase II study of sunitinib malate, an oral multitargeted tyrosine kinase inhibitor, in patients with metastatic breast cancer previously treated with an anthracycline and a taxaneHarold J Burstein
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:1810-6. 2008..This phase II, open-label, multicenter study evaluated sunitinib monotherapy in patients with metastatic breast cancer (MBC)...
- Multi-institutional use of defibrotide in 88 patients after stem cell transplantation with severe veno-occlusive disease and multisystem organ failure: response without significant toxicity in a high-risk population and factors predictive of outcomePaul G Richardson
Department of Adult Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 100:4337-43. 2002..Certain features associated with successful outcome may correlate with DF-related treatment effects, and prospective evaluation of DF therapy for severe VOD should allow better definition of predictors of response or failure...
- Autologous stem cell transplantation for small cell lung cancerJ Douglas Rizzo
Statistical Center, Health Policy Institute, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee 53226, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 8:273-80. 2002..Transplantation for patients with extensive disease does not appear to produce substantial benefit...