E D Ehrenpreis
Affiliation: University of Chicago
- Thalidomide therapy for patients with refractory Crohn's disease: an open-label trialE D Ehrenpreis
Department of Gastroenterology, University of Chicago Hospitals, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Gastroenterology 117:1271-7. 1999..Inhibition of tumor necrosis factor is a proposed mechanism for the anti-inflammatory properties of thalidomide. We performed an open-label trial of thalidomide in refractory Crohn's disease...
- Treatment of anal fissures with topical nitroglycerinE D Ehrenpreis
Department of Gastroenterology, University of Chicago Hospitals, 5841 South Maryland Avenue, MC 4076, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 2:41-5. 2001..This review summarises current literature regarding topical nitroglycerin pharmacotherapy for anal fissure...
- Thalidomide treatment for refractory Crohn's disease: a review of the history, pharmacological mechanisms and clinical literatureP M Ginsburg
Department of Gastroenterology, University of Chicago Hospitals, IL 60637, USA
Ann Med 33:516-25. 2001..Special attention is directed towards its history, mechanisms, and proposed role. The recent development of thalidomide analogues is also discussed briefly...
- Neurological events with tumour necrosis factor alpha inhibitors reported to the Food and Drug Administration Adverse Event Reporting SystemP Deepak
Department of Gastroenterology, Research Institute, NorthShore University Health System, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 38:388-96. 2013..The association between inhibition of tumour necrosis factor alpha (TNF-α) and new onset of neurological adverse events (AEs) is unclear...
- A pilot study of thalidomide for patients with symptomatic mesenteric panniculitisP M Ginsburg
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago Hospitals, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 16:2115-22. 2002..Mesenteric panniculitis is a rare condition with no standard therapy...
- Increased risk of osteoporosis-related fractures in patients with irritable bowel syndromeD J Stobaugh
Center for the Study of Complex Diseases, Research Institute, Department of Gastroenterology, NorthShore University Health System, 1001 University Place, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
Osteoporos Int 24:1169-75. 2013..Screening measures to identify osteoporosis in this group are advised...
- Review article: current therapeutic options for radiation proctopathyJ J Hong
Gastroenterology Division, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 15:1253-62. 2001..Given that formal randomized placebo-controlled studies are lacking for most treatments, the management of these patients is often challenging and unclear. Hence, there is a need for more research and education on radiation proctopathy...
- Retrograde endoscopic delivery of botulinum toxin for anal fissuresT P Kinney
University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Endoscopy 38:654. 2006
- Increased serum phosphate levels and calcium fluxes are seen in smaller individuals after a single dose of sodium phosphate colon cleansing solution: a pharmacokinetic analysisE D Ehrenpreis
Department of Gastroenterology, Highland Park Hospital, NorthShore University Healthsystem, Highland Park, IL 60035, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 29:1202-11. 2009..Sodium phosphate containing colonoscopy preparations may cause electrolyte disturbances and calcium-phosphate nephropathy. Decreased body weight is an unexplored risk factor for complications with sodium phosphate ingestion...