Albert O Edwards
Affiliation: University of Texas
- Complement factor H polymorphism and age-related macular degenerationAlbert O Edwards
Department of Ophthalmology and McDermott Center for Human Growth and Development, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center UTSWMC, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Science 308:421-4. 2005..Possession of at least one histidine at amino acid position 402 increased the risk of AMD 2.7-fold and may account for 50% of the attributable risk of AMD...
- Retinal pathology and skin barrier defect in mice carrying a Stargardt disease-3 mutation in elongase of very long chain fatty acids-4Anne McMahon
Department of Ophthalmology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9057, USA
Mol Vis 13:258-72. 2007..The goal of this study was to generate and characterize heterozygous and homozygous knockin-mice that carry a human STGD3 pathogenic mutation in the mouse Elovl4 gene...
- Expression of recombinant protein encoded by LOC387715 in Escherichia coliDequan Chen
Institute for Retina Research, Presbyterian Hospital, 8210 Walnut Hill Lane, Dallas, TX 75231, USA
Protein Expr Purif 54:275-82. 2007..coli was achieved by the synonymous modification of its native ORF cDNA sequence for all the 3 groups of bacterial RCs and the simultaneous elimination of SDLS and RBSCS sequences...
- Shape discrimination in age-related macular degenerationYi Zhong Wang
Retina Foundation of the Southwest, Dallas, Texas 75231, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 43:2055-62. 2002..In this study, the ability of patients with age-related macular degeneration (AMD) to perform the shape-discrimination task was examined...
- Toll-like receptor polymorphisms and age-related macular degenerationAlbert O Edwards
Department of Ophthalmology, Mayor Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:1652-9. 2008..The purpose of this study was to determine whether common variation in the 10 human toll-like receptors (TLRs) alters the risk of AMD...
- Genetics of age-related macular degenerationAlbert O Edwards
Mayo Clinic, Department of Ophthalmology, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 613:211-9. 2008
- Persisent ocular hypertension following intravitreal ranibizumabSophie J Bakri
Department of Ophthalmology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 246:955-8. 2008..To describe the occurrence of ocular hypertension in four patients following injection of ranibizumab intravitreally...
- Intraocular inflammation following intravitreal injection of bevacizumabSophie J Bakri
Department of Ophthalmology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 246:779-81. 2008..Failure to recognize an eye with anterior chamber and vitreous cell as sterile inflammation can lead to unnecessary treatment for endophthalmitis...
- IDOCS: intelligent distributed ontology consensus system--the use of machine learning in retinal drusen phenotypingGeorge Thomas
Department of Computer Science, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:2278-84. 2007..To use the power of knowledge acquisition and machine learning in the development of a collaborative computer classification system based on the features of age-related macular degeneration (AMD)...
- Molecular genetics of AMD and current animal modelsAlbert O Edwards
Department of Ophthalmology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street, SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Angiogenesis 10:119-32. 2007..No effort has been made to perform a comprehensive citation of all areas of AMD genetics and animal models, but rather a selection of observations and supporting references illustrative of the current state of the field is presented...
- Genetic testing for age-related macular degenerationAlbert O Edwards
Ophthalmology 113:509-10. 2006
- Genetic linkage of snowflake vitreoretinal degeneration to chromosome 2q36Xiaodong Jiao
Ophthalmic Genetics and Clinical Services Branch, National Eye Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 45:4498-503. 2004....
- Age-related macular degeneration--a genome scan in extended familiesJacek Majewski
Laboratory of Statistical Genetics, Rockefeller University, New York, NY, USA
Am J Hum Genet 73:540-50. 2003..Our study has identified new loci that should be considered in future mapping and mutational analyses of AMD and has strengthened the evidence in support of loci suggested by other studies...
- Density of common complex ocular traits in the aging eye: analysis of secondary traits in genome-wide association studiesAlbert O Edwards
Department of Ophthalmology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, United States of America
PLoS ONE 3:e2510. 2008....