Affiliation: University of California
- Effect of Low-Frame Invasive Coronary Angiography on Radiation and Image QualityRamin Ebrahimi
Cardiology Division, Department of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, California Cardiology Division, Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California Electronic address
Am J Cardiol 118:195-7. 2016..In conclusion, performing ICA at 7.5 f/s versus 15 f/s significantly reduces x-ray exposure without compromising image quality. The results of this single-center study warrant a larger randomized clinical trial. ..
- Effect of clopidogrel use post coronary artery bypass surgery on graft patencyRamin Ebrahimi
Greater Los Angeles VA Medical Center, Los Angeles, California Electronic address
Ann Thorac Surg 97:15-21. 2014..The purpose of this sub-analysis from the Randomized On and Off-Pump Bypass (ROOBY) trial is to evaluate the role of clopidogrel use post CABG to improve graft patency when added to standard aspirin therapy...
- Outcomes following pre-operative clopidogrel administration in patients with acute coronary syndromes undergoing coronary artery bypass surgery: the ACUITY (Acute Catheterization and Urgent Intervention Triage strategY) trialRamin Ebrahimi
University of California Los Angeles and the Greater Los Angeles VA Medical Center, Department of Medicine, Cardiology Section 111E, Los Angeles, California 90073, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 53:1965-72. 2009....
- Effect of preprocedural statin use on procedural myocardial infarction and major cardiac adverse events in percutaneous coronary intervention: a meta-analysisRamin Ebrahimi
VA Medical Center Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Division of Cardiology, 11301 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 20:292-5. 2008....
- Safety and efficacy of bivalirudin monotherapy in patients with diabetes mellitus and acute coronary syndromes: a report from the ACUITY (Acute Catheterization and Urgent Intervention Triage Strategy) trialFrederick Feit
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:1645-52. 2008..We sought to evaluate clinical outcomes of patients with diabetes mellitus in the ACUITY (Acute Catheterization and Urgent Intervention Triage Strategy) trial, overall and by treatment arm...
- Impact of major bleeding on 30-day mortality and clinical outcomes in patients with acute coronary syndromes: an analysis from the ACUITY TrialSteven V Manoukian
Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30308, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 49:1362-8. 2007..The purpose of this study was to determine the predictors of major bleeding and the impact of major bleeding on outcomes, including mortality, in acute coronary syndromes (ACS)...
- Mortality in individuals without known coronary artery disease but with discordance between the Framingham risk score and coronary artery calciumNaser Ahmadi
Greater Los Angeles VA Medical Center, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Am J Cardiol 107:799-804. 2011..In conclusion, the prognostic value of CAC to predict future mortality is superior to the FRS. Addition of CAC score to FRS significantly improves the identification and prognostication of patients without known CAD...
- The prevalence of valvular abnormalities in patients who were referred for echocardiographic examination with a primary diagnosis of "heart murmur"Mohammad Reza Movahed
Department of Medicine, Sarver Heart Center, University of Arizona Medical Center, Tucson, Arizona 85724, USA
Echocardiography 24:447-51. 2007..The goal of this study was to evaluate the prevalence of valvular abnormalities in such patients...
- Lipid-lowering therapy in patients with peripheral arterial diseaseRamin Ebrahimi
Division of Cardiology, Greater Los Angeles VA Medical Center, Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther 9:271-7. 2004..This paper reviews the role of lipid therapy in patients with peripheral arterial disease with focus on functional improvement and symptomatic relief based on the available data...
- Accurate detection of metabolically active "brown" and "white" adipose tissues with computed tomographyNaser Ahmadi
Greater Los Angeles Veterans Administration Medical Center, UCLA School of Medicine, 11301 Wilshire Blvd, Cardiology Section, Los Angeles, CA 90073 Captain James Lovell Federal Health Care Center, Chicago Medical School, North Chicago, IL Electronic address
Acad Radiol 20:1443-7. 2013....
- Efficacy of alternate-day dosing versus daily dosing of atorvastatinMahtab Jafari
University of California, Irvine, UCI Medical Center Division of Cardiology, Building 53, Route 81, Room 100, Orange, California 92868 4080, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther 8:123-6. 2003..This trial compared the efficacy of daily atorvastatin administration with that of alternate-day dosing...
- Electrical storm: case series and review of managementUma N Srivatsa
Department of Cardiology, West Los Angeles VA Medical Center and Department of Cardiology, Olive View Medical Center, Sylmar, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90073, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther 8:237-46. 2003..The management of electrical storm is discussed, and evolving literature supporting the routine use of intravenous amiodarone and beta-blockers in place of intravenous lidocaine is critically examined...
- Post-traumatic stress disorder, coronary atherosclerosis, and mortalityNaser Ahmadi
Greater Los Angeles Veterans Administration Medical Center, University of California Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
Am J Cardiol 108:29-33. 2011..81 for CAC scores ≥400, p <0.05 for all comparisons). In conclusion, PTSD is associated with presence and severity of coronary atherosclerosis and predicts mortality independent of age, gender, and conventional risk factors...
- Effects of intense exercise and moderate caloric restriction on cardiovascular risk factors and inflammationNaser Ahmadi
Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Am J Med 124:978-82. 2011....
- Mitral annulus calcification is associated with valvular and cardiac structural abnormalitiesMohammad Reza Movahed
Department of Medicine, Section of Cardiology, University of Arizona Sarver Heart Center, Tucson, Arizona, USA
Cardiovasc Ultrasound 5:14. 2007..Mitral annulus calcification (MAC) is a common finding on echocardiographic examination. The goal of this study was to evaluate associations between MAC and cardiac abnormalities using a large echocardiographic database...
- Coronary artery bifurcation lesions: a review and update on classification and interventional techniquesMohammad Reza Movahed
Department of Medicine, Section of Cardiology, University of Arizona Sarver Heart Center, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Cardiovasc Revasc Med 9:263-8. 2008..The goal of this article is to update and review current schemes of coronary artery bifurcation lesion classifications and interventional techniques...
- Ventricular fibrillation resulting from acute right ventricular infarction from isolated occlusion of a right ventricular branch arteryKirk Y Chang
Greater Los Angeles VA Medical Center, CA 90037, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther 8:5-8. 2003..This case highlights the point that despite its benign clinical appearance and preserved left ventricular function, necrosis of right ventricular tissue can have life-threatening consequences...
- Bivalirudin vs heparin in percutaneous coronary intervention: a pooled analysisRamin Ebrahimi
University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine, West Los Angeles VA, Los Angeles, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther 10:209-16. 2005..This study evaluates outcomes with bivalirudin vs heparin in various patient subgroups and the overall population during percutaneous coronary interventions (PCI)...