Jan M Eberth
Affiliation: University of South Carolina
- Lung Cancer Screening With Low-Dose CT in the United StatesJan M Eberth
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics and Cancer Prevention and Control Program, Arnold School of Public Health, University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina Electronic address
J Am Coll Radiol 12:1395-402. 2015..Despite some procedural setbacks that have yet to be resolved, LDCT screening for individuals at high risk of lung cancer has grown substantially since its effectiveness was shown by the NLST in 2011. ..
- Lung cancer screening using low-dose CT: the current national landscapeJan M Eberth
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Arnold School of Public Health, University of South Carolina, United States Cancer Prevention and Control Program, Arnold School of Public Health, University of South Carolina, United States Electronic address
Lung Cancer 85:379-84. 2014..By examining the availability of U.S. LDCT screening centers, and underlying rates of lung cancer incidence, mortality, and smoking prevalence, the need for additional centers may be determined...
- Human papillomavirus vaccine coverage among females aged 11 to 17 in Texas counties: an application of multilevel, small area estimationJan M Eberth
Division of Quantitative Sciences, Department of Biostatistics, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Womens Health Issues 23:e131-41. 2013..The purpose of this study is to describe the county-level geographic distribution of human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine coverage among adolescent females in Texas using multilevel small area estimation...
- Is the accuracy of self-reported colorectal cancer screening associated with social desirability?Sally W Vernon
University of Texas Houston School of Public Health, Division of Health Promotion and Behavioral Sciences, 7000 Fannin Street, Suite 2560, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 21:61-5. 2012..We examined whether the tendency to give socially desirable responses was associated with concordance between self-reported colorectal cancer (CRC) screening behaviors and medical records...
- Computed tomography screening for lung cancer: a survey of society of thoracic radiology membersJan M Eberth
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Arnold School of Public Health Cancer Prevention and Control Program College of Nursing, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC Sealy Center on Aging, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston Department of Radiology, Houston Methodist, Houston, TX
J Thorac Imaging 29:289-92. 2014..This study aimed to determine the availability, attributes, and hindrances of current and developing US lung cancer screening programs...
- Disparities in Breast Cancer Incidence, Mortality, and Quality of Care among African American and European American Women in South CarolinaMarsha E Samson
From the Cancer Prevention and Control Program, Arnold School of Public Health, University of South Carolina, Columbia, and the Department of Health and Environmental Control, South Carolina Central Cancer Registry, Columbia
South Med J 109:24-30. 2016..Adherence to breast cancer treatment-quality measures is limited, particularly when the data are stratified by race/ethnicity...
- Diabetes Status and Being Up-to-Date on Colorectal Cancer Screening, 2012 Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance SystemNancy R Porter
Arnold School of Public Health, University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina
Prev Chronic Dis 13:E19. 2016..People with diabetes are an important and rapidly growing group at increased risk for colorectal cancer. Screening status and predictors of being up-to-date on screening are largely unknown in this population...
- Health disparities are important determinants of outcome for children with solid tumor malignanciesMary T Austin
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Cancer Hospital at the University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas Department of Pediatric Surgery, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, Texas Electronic address
J Pediatr Surg 50:161-6. 2015..The purpose of this study was to identify health disparities in children with non-CNS solid tumor malignancies and examine their impact on disease presentation and outcome...
- Geographic disparities in mammography capacity in the South: a longitudinal assessment of supply and demandJan M Eberth
South Carolina Cancer Prevention and Control Program, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC
Health Serv Res 49:171-85. 2014..The purpose of this study was to determine the locations and extent of over/undersupply of mammography in 14 southern states from 2002 to 2008...
- Accuracy of self-reported reason for colorectal cancer testingJan M Eberth
Division of Epidemiology and Disease Control, University of Texas School of Public Health, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:196-200. 2010..Determining the best way to identify those who have been tested for diagnosis, rather than screening, is an important next step...