Sven O E Ebbesson
Affiliation: University of Alaska
- Heart rate is associated with markers of fatty acid desaturation: the GOCADAN studySven O E Ebbesson
GOCADAN Department, Norton Sound Health Corporation, Nome, AK 99762, USA
Int J Circumpolar Health 71:17343. 2012..To determine if heart rate (HR) is associated with desaturation indexes as HR is associated with arrhythmia and sudden death...
- Heart rate is associated with red blood cell fatty acid concentration: the Genetics of Coronary Artery Disease in Alaska Natives (GOCADAN) studySven O E Ebbesson
Norton Sound Health Corporation, Nome, AK, USA
Am Heart J 159:1020-5. 2010..Although these FAs were originally thought to be antiatherosclerotic, recent evidence suggests that their benefits are related to reducing risk for ventricular arrhythmia and that this may be mediated by a slowed heart rate (HR)...
- Individual saturated fatty acids are associated with different components of insulin resistance and glucose metabolism: the GOCADAN studySven O E Ebbesson
GOCADAN Department, Norton Sound Health Corporation, Nome, Alaska 99762, USA
Int J Circumpolar Health 69:344-51. 2010..This analysis, based on a cross-sectional study, explores the possible associations of saturated FA content in red blood cells (RBCs) and parameters of glucose metabolism in a sample of Alaska Natives...
- The legacy of the Alaska Siberia Medical Research Program: a historical perspectiveSven O E Ebbesson
University of Alaska, Fairbanks, USA
Int J Circumpolar Health 70:584-93. 2011..The program grew out of a dire need for an understanding of the apparently rapidly growing health problems in the Native community. The initial plan included the following objectives...
- Consumption of omega-3 fatty acids is not associated with a reduction in carotid atherosclerosis: the Genetics of Coronary Artery Disease in Alaska Natives studySven O E Ebbesson
Norton Sound Health Corporation, Nome, AK 99762, United States
Atherosclerosis 199:346-53. 2008..This study was designed to evaluate the relation between omega-3 fatty acid (FA) consumption and atherosclerosis...
- Fatty acid consumption and metabolic syndrome components: the GOCADAN studySven O E Ebbesson
Norton Sound Health Corp, Nome, AK, USA
J Cardiometab Syndr 2:244-9. 2007..Consumption of long-chain omega-3 FAs from marine sources may improve certain MS components, and thus may reduce risk for cardiovascular disease. High consumption of saturated FAs and trans-FAs may have an adverse effect on MS...
- Recruitment and community interactions in the GOCADAN studySven O E Ebbesson
Norton Sound Health Corporation, Nome, Alaska, 99762, USA
Int J Circumpolar Health 65:55-64. 2006..To study heart and vascular disease in Alaskan Eskimos. To identify risk factors for CVD in Norton Sound Eskimos...
- Springtime macronutrient intake of Alaska natives of the Bering Straits Region: the Alaska Siberia ProjectPatricia Markham Risica
Alaska Siberia Medical Research Program, University of Alaska Anchorage, AK, USA
Int J Circumpolar Health 64:222-33. 2005..The objective of this study was to add to the knowledge of dietary intake of Alaska Natives of the Bering Straits Region by describing the macronutrient intake of adults...
- Dietary intakes vary with age among Eskimo adults of Northwest Alaska in the GOCADAN study, 2000-2003Elizabeth D Nobmann
IDM Consulting, Anchorage, AK, USA
J Nutr 135:856-62. 2005..Variations in intake by age may portend changing eating patterns that will influence CVD as participants age. These data will contribute to understanding dietary risk factors for cardiovascular disease in this population...