Nefertiti H Durant
Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Recommendations for a culturally relevant Internet-based tool to promote physical activity among overweight young African American women, Alabama, 2010-2011Nefertiti H Durant
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Division of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, 1600 7th Ave S, CPPI 310, Birmingham, AL 35294 E mail
Prev Chronic Dis 11:130169. 2014..We sought to describe key elements that African American women desire in a culturally relevant Internet-based tool to promote physical activity among overweight and obese young adult African American women...
- Empirical evidence does not support an association between less ambitious pre-treatment goals and better treatment outcomes: a meta-analysisN H Durant
School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35233, USA
Obes Rev 14:532-40. 2013..20). The current evidence does not demonstrate that setting realistic goals leads to more favourable weight loss outcomes. Thus, our field may wish to reconsider the value of setting realistic goals in successful weight loss...
- Brief scales to assess physical activity and sedentary equipment in the homeDori E Rosenberg
Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology, San Diego State University and the University of California, San Diego, CA, USA
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 7:10. 2010....
- Patient provider communication about the health effects of obesityNefertiti H Durant
Division of General Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Department of Medicine, MTC 201, 1600 7th Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35233, United States
Patient Educ Couns 75:53-7. 2009..We assessed the influence of race/ethnicity and provider communication on overweight and obese patients' perceptions of the damage weight causes to their health...
- Relation of school environment and policy to adolescent physical activityNefertiti Durant
Division of General Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine, MTC 201, 1600 7th Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35233, USA
J Sch Health 79:153-9; quiz 205-6. 2009..Physical activity (PA) declines as children and adolescents age. The purpose of this study was to examine how specific school factors relate to youth PA, TV viewing, and body mass index (BMI)...
- Attitudes and beliefs associated with leisure-time physical activity among African American adultsOlivia Affuso
Department of Epidemiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham 35294 0013, USA
Ethn Dis 21:63-7. 2011..We sought to discover the extent to which health attitudes and beliefs are associated with leisure-time physical activity in this population...
- Where are youth active? Roles of proximity, active transport, and built environmentHelene Mollie Grow
Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 98195 4920, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 40:2071-9. 2008..This study examined factors related to two sources of physical activity for youth: active use of recreation sites and active transport to recreation sites...