Joseph J Dubose
Affiliation: University of Maryland
- Isolated severe traumatic brain injuries sustained during combat operations: demographics, mortality outcomes, and lessons to be learned from contrasts to civilian counterpartsJoseph J Dubose
University of Maryland Medical Center, R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Trauma 70:11-6; discussion 16-8. 2011..We reviewed the epidemiology of these injuries from the Joint Trauma Theater Registry (JTTR), contrasting these results with civilian counterparts from the National Trauma Databank (NTDB)...
- Independent predictors of enteric fistula and abdominal sepsis after damage control laparotomy: results from the prospective AAST Open Abdomen registryMatthew J Bradley
Division of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery, University of Maryland Medical System, R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, Baltimore
JAMA Surg 148:947-54. 2013..Enterocutaneous fistula (ECF), enteroatmospheric fistula (EAF), and intra-abdominal sepsis/abscess (IAS) are major challenges for surgeons caring for patients undergoing damage control laparotomy after trauma...
- The AAST prospective Aortic Occlusion for Resuscitation in Trauma and Acute Care Surgery (AORTA) registry: Data on contemporary utilization and outcomes of aortic occlusion and resuscitative balloon occlusion of the aorta (REBOA)Joseph J Dubose
From the David Grant Medical Center J J D, University of California Davis, Davis, California Department of Surgery T M S, M B, R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, Maryland Los Angeles County University of Southern California Hospital D S, K I, Los Angeles, California San Antonio Military Medical Center J C, United States Army Institute of Surgical Research, San Antonio, Texas University of Texas Health Sciences Center Houston L M, J H, Houston, Texas Loma Linda University Medical Center D T, C N A, Loma Linda, California University of Calgary A K, J X, Calgary, Alberta, Canada University of Florida Jacksonville D S, Jacksonville, Florida and East Carolina Medical Center N P, New Bern, North Carolina
J Trauma Acute Care Surg 81:409-19. 2016..Aortic occlusion (AO) for resuscitation in traumatic shock remains controversial. Resuscitative endovascular balloon occlusion of the aorta (REBOA) offers an emerging alternative...
- Pneumatosis Intestinalis Predictive Evaluation Study (PIPES): a multicenter epidemiologic study of the Eastern Association for the Surgery of TraumaJoseph J Dubose
R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, University of Maryland Medical System, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Trauma Acute Care Surg 75:15-23. 2013..Pneumatosis intestinalis (PI) is associated with numerous adult conditions, ranging from benign to life threatening. To date, series of PI outcomes consist of case reports and small retrospective series...
- Early in-theater management of combat-related traumatic brain injury: A prospective, observational study to identify opportunities for performance improvementRaymond Fang
From the United States Air Force Center for Sustainment of Trauma and Readiness Skills R F, J J D, S S and R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center M M, University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, Maryland and United States Army Institute for Surgical Research L C C, L H B, Brooke Army Medical Center, Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio, Texas
J Trauma Acute Care Surg 79:S181-7. 2015..In addition, scarce data exist regarding prehospital CRTBI care...