Affiliation: University of California
- Predictors of high sensitivity cardiac troponin T in chronic kidney disease patients: a cross-sectional study in the chronic renal insufficiency cohort (CRIC)Ruth F Dubin
San Francisco VA Medical Center, University of California San Francisco, 4150 Clement Street, Box 111A1, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
BMC Nephrol 14:229. 2013..We sought to determine the distribution and predictors of hs-TnT in CKD patients without overt cardiovascular disease (CVD)...
- Associations of pentraxin-3 with cardiovascular events, incident heart failure, and mortality among persons with coronary heart disease: data from the Heart and Soul StudyRuth Dubin
University of California, San Francisco, USA
Am Heart J 163:274-9. 2012..Whether PTX3 is independently associated with adverse events among persons with stable coronary heart disease (CHD), independently of CRP, and whether kidney dysfunction influences these associations are not known...
- Racial differences in the association of pentraxin-3 with kidney dysfunction: the Multi-Ethnic Study of AtherosclerosisRuth Dubin
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:1903-8. 2011..Pentraxin-3 (PTX3), an inflammatory marker thought to be related to vascular inflammation, is elevated in advanced chronic kidney disease (CKD). Whether PTX3 is associated with mild to moderate kidney dysfunction is unknown...
- Kidney function and multiple hemostatic markers: cross sectional associations in the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosisRuth Dubin
Department of Medicine, Division Nephrology, University of California San Francisco, 521 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143 0532, USA
BMC Nephrol 12:3. 2011..73 m2, chronic kidney disease (CKD) is strongly and independently associated with cardiovascular and overall mortality. We hypothesized that reduced kidney function would be characterized by abnormalities of hemostasis...
- Associations of endothelial dysfunction and arterial stiffness with intradialytic hypotension and hypertensionRuth Dubin
Department of Medicine, Division Nephrology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0532, USA
Hemodial Int 15:350-8. 2011..Elucidating these potential mechanisms of hemodynamic instability during dialysis may facilitate development of treatment strategies specific to this pathophysiology...
- Kidney function decline in the elderly: impact of lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A(2)Carmen A Peralta
San Francisco VA Medical Center, Calif, USA
Am J Nephrol 34:512-8. 2011..Whether lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A(2) (Lp-PLA(2)) levels are associated with kidney function decline has not been well studied...