L G Dressler
Affiliation: University of North Carolina
- Handling, storage, and preparation of human tissuesL G Dressler
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Curr Protoc Cytom . 2001..Other protocols detail preparation of intact nuclei from fresh, frozen, or paraffin-embedded tissue. Support protocols cover fixation, cryospin preparation, cryopreservation, and removal of debris...
- Genetic testing for the BRCA1 gene and the need for protection from discrimination: an evolving legislative and social issueL Dressler
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7295, USA
Breast Dis 10:127-35. 1998..Although progress has been made, troublesome issues still remain...
- HER2 testing: laboratory, technical and clinical considerationsL G Dressler
University of North Carolina, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, Department of Medicine, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7295, USA
Breast Dis 11:77-87. 2000..In addition, there is need to set standards for assay performance and interpretation of assay results, based on criteria that are clinically validated...
- Policy guidelines for the utilization of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue sections: the UNC SPORE experience. University of North Carolina Specialized Program of Research ExcellenceL G Dressler
The University of North Carolina, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center and School of Public Health, Department of Medicine, Chapel Hill 27599 7295, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 58:31-9. 1999..It is our hope that the information and experience described here may stimulate discussion that can ultimately lead to a uniform policy for handling formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissues in research...
- Comparison of HER2 status by fluorescence in situ hybridization and immunohistochemistry to predict benefit from dose escalation of adjuvant doxorubicin-based therapy in node-positive breast cancer patientsLynn G Dressler
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, CB 7295, Mason Farm Rd, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7295, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:4287-97. 2005....
- How will GINA influence participation in pharmacogenomics research and clinical testing?L G Dressler
Division of Pharmaceutical Outcomes and Policy, Institute of Pharmacogenomics and Individualized Therapy, Eshelman School of Pharmacy, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 86:472-5. 2009..How will GINA, which takes effect in 2009, influence participation in pharmacogenomic research and clinical testing?..
- Epidemiology of basal-like breast cancerRobert C Millikan
Department of Epidemiology, CB 7435, School of Public Health, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7435, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 109:123-39. 2008..Among younger African-American women, we estimate that up to 68% of basal-like breast cancer could be prevented by promoting breastfeeding and reducing abdominal adiposity...
- HER2 and response to paclitaxel in node-positive breast cancerDaniel F Hayes
Breast Oncology Program, University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
N Engl J Med 357:1496-506. 2007..We hypothesized that HER2 positivity predicts a benefit from adjuvant doxorubicin doses above standard levels, from the addition of paclitaxel after adjuvant chemotherapy with doxorubicin plus cyclophosphamide, or from both...
- Influence of activation state of ErbB-2 (HER-2) on response to adjuvant cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, and fluorouracil for stage II, node-positive breast cancer: study 8541 from the Cancer and Leukemia Group BMichael P Digiovanna
Yale University School of Medicine, Section of Medical Oncology, 333 Cedar St, Room WWW 217, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:2364-72. 2008....
- Race, breast cancer subtypes, and survival in the Carolina Breast Cancer StudyLisa A Carey
Division of Hematology Oncology, School of Public Health, Department of Epidemiology, University of North Carolina Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7305, USA
JAMA 295:2492-502. 2006..Gene expression analysis has identified several breast cancer subtypes, including basal-like, human epidermal growth factor receptor-2 positive/estrogen receptor negative (HER2+/ER-), luminal A, and luminal B...
- Mutation of GATA3 in human breast tumorsJerry Usary
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Oncogene 23:7669-78. 2004..These data suggest that GATA3 is involved in growth control and the maintenance of the differentiated state in epithelial cells, and that GATA3 variants may contribute to tumorigenesis in ESR1-positive breast tumors...
- Molecular classification of head and neck squamous cell carcinomas using patterns of gene expressionChristine H Chung
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Vanderbuilt Ingram Cancer Center, Vanderbuilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Cancer Cell 5:489-500. 2004..This work represents an important step toward the identification of clinically significant biomarkers for HNSCC...
- TUMOR MARKERS TO PREDICT TREATMENT RESPONSELynn Dressler; Fiscal Year: 2005..Two subcontracts are included in this proposal, one to support the CALGB Pathology Coordinating Office functions at OSU relevant to this study and the other in support of the molecular studies being performed by USC. ..
- Disclosure of Results from Genetic Research StudiesLynn Dressler; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..