Jonathan E Dowell
Affiliation: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- A multicenter phase II study of cisplatin, pemetrexed, and bevacizumab in patients with advanced malignant mesotheliomaJonathan E Dowell
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 8852, USA
Lung Cancer 77:567-71. 2012..We evaluated the addition of bevacizumab to cisplatin and pemetrexed as first-line treatment in patients with advanced, unresectable MM...
- Survival in small cell lung cancer is independent of tumor expression of VEGF and COX-2Jonathan E Dowell
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 8852, USA
Anticancer Res 24:2367-73. 2004..Little is known about the frequency of tumor expression of VEGF and COX-2 in SCLC or the prognostic significance of this expression...
- Small cell lung cancer: are we making progress?Jonathan E Dowell
Hematology Oncology, Veterans Affairs North Texas Healthcare System, Dallas, Texas, USA
Am J Med Sci 339:68-76. 2010..Although initial attempts at "targeted therapy" in SCLC have been unsuccessful, several newly identified targets hold promise and give hope that significant improvements in therapy for this challenging disease are not far away...
- Antiangiogenic therapies for mesotheliomaJonathan E Dowell
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 8852, USA
Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 19:1137-45, viii. 2005..Several clinical trials are currently evaluating the efficacy of inhibitors of angiogenesis in mesothelioma. This article details the preliminary results of these trials and future directions...
- ERCC1 expression and outcomes in head and neck cancer treated with concurrent cisplatin and radiationMose Hayes
Sacred Heart Medical Oncology, Miramar Beach, FL, USA
Anticancer Res 31:4135-9. 2011..Overexpression of excision repair cross complementing group 1 (ERCC1), a DNA repair enzyme, is associated with resistance to cisplatin...
- Predictors and impact of second-line chemotherapy for advanced non-small cell lung cancer in the United States: real-world considerations for maintenance therapyDavid E Gerber
Department of Internal Medicine, Harold C Simmons Cancer Center, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
J Thorac Oncol 6:365-71. 2011..We, therefore, determined the predictors and impact of second-line chemotherapy administration in a contemporary, diverse NSCLC population...
- Consent timing and experience: modifiable factors that may influence interest in clinical researchDavid E Gerber
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX
J Oncol Pract 8:91-6. 2012..However, few studies have examined factors related to the consent process. We therefore evaluated the impact of consent timing and experience on markers of patient interest in research...
- Looking beyond surveillance, epidemiology, and end results: patterns of chemotherapy administration for advanced non-small cell lung cancer in a contemporary, diverse populationDrew W Rasco
Department of Internal Medicine Hematology Oncology, Harold C Simmons Cancer Center, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 8852, USA
J Thorac Oncol 5:1529-35. 2010..Therefore, we determined the use of chemotherapy in a contemporary, diverse NSCLC population encompassing all patient ages...
- Prophylactic cranial irradiation with combined modality therapy for patients with locally advanced non-small cell lung cancerL Chinsoo Cho
Department of Radiation Oncology, UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Moncrief Radiation Oncology Center, Harold C Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Semin Oncol 32:293-8. 2005..The results from the Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG) trial of PCI to prevent CNS relapse in patients with locally advanced NSCLC are anticipated...
- The impact of consenter characteristics and experience on patient interest in clinical researchDrew W Rasco
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 8852, USA
Oncologist 14:468-75. 2009..However, the impact of nonphysician research personnel, who often consent patients for studies, is unclear. We therefore evaluated the association between consenter characteristics and subject interest in clinical research...
- Upper extremity venous thrombosis in patients with cancer with peripherally inserted central venous catheters: a retrospective analysis of risk factorsDaniel H Ahn
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Department of Palliative Care, Dallas, TX 75390 8889, USA
J Oncol Pract 9:e8-12. 2013..One common complication associated with their use is upper extremity venous thrombosis (UEVT). The purpose of this study was to ascertain risk factors associated with an increased risk of PICC-associated UEVT in patients with cancer...
- Incidence of isolated heparin-induced thrombocytopenia and risk of thrombosis by IgG-specific anti-PF4/heparin ELISASofyan M Radaideh
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, TX, USA
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 18:215-7. 2012..However, the impact of using the IgG-ELISA on the incidence of isolated HIT (thrombocytopenia alone without clinically evident thrombosis) and the risk of developing subsequent thrombosis are still unknown...
- Risk of renal failure in cancer patients with bone metastasis treated with renally adjusted zoledronic acidSachin R Shah
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center TTUHSC School of Pharmacy, 4500 S Lancaster Rd, Dallas, TX 75216, USA
Support Care Cancer 20:87-93. 2012....
- EGFR mutations and molecularly targeted therapy: a new era in the treatment of lung cancerJonathan E Dowell
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 8593, USA
Nat Clin Pract Oncol 3:170-1. 2006
- Epidermal growth factor receptor mutations in non-small cell lung cancer: a basic science discovery with immediate clinical impactJonathan E Dowell
Departments of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, and the Dallas Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 8852, USA
Am J Med Sci 331:139-49. 2006..This discovery has far-reaching implications, not only for lung cancer patients treated with an EGFR TKI but also for future drug development in all malignancies...
- Phase 1/2 dose escalating study of twice-monthly pemetrexed and gemcitabine in patients with advanced cancer and non-small cell lung cancerArkadiusz Z Dudek
University of Minnesota Comprehensive Cancer Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Thorac Oncol 3:394-9. 2008..Pemetrexed is synergistic with gemcitabine in preclinical models of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). The optimal dose and utility of gemcitabine and pemetrexed was evaluated in a dose-escalating study...
- A comparison of the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of docetaxel between African-American and Caucasian cancer patients: CALGB 9871Lionel D Lewis
Sections of Clinical Pharmacology and Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, The Norris Cotton Cancer Center, Lebanon, New Hampshire 03756, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:3302-11. 2007..We hypothesized that the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of docetaxel, an i.v. administered cytotoxic and substrate for CYP3A4, CYP3A5, and ABCB1, would differ between African-American and Caucasian patients...
- The impact of epidermal-growth-factor-receptor mutations in response to lung-cancer therapyJonathan E Dowell
Dallas Veterans Affairs Medical Center, TX, USA
Nat Clin Pract Oncol 1:2-3. 2004
- Case 1. Melanoma in African AmericansJonathan E Dowell
Dallas Veterans Affairs Medical Center, TX, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:3622-4. 2005
- Chasing mutations in the epidermal growth factor in lung cancerJonathan E Dowell
N Engl J Med 352:830-2. 2005