John M Dopp
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Humoral immune responses to influenza vaccination in patients with obstructive sleep apneaJohn M Dopp
School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Pharmacotherapy 27:1483-9. 2007..To compare humoral immune responses to influenza vaccination in subjects with obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) and in healthy volunteers (control subjects)...
- Sildenafil increases sympathetically mediated vascular tone in humansJohn M Dopp
Pharmacy Practice Division, School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Am J Hypertens 26:762-9. 2013..We tested the hypothesis that sildenafil administration increases sympathetically mediated vascular tone in healthy middle-aged men...
- Influence of intermittent hypoxia on myocardial and hepatic P-glycoprotein expression in a rodent modelJohn M Dopp
Schools of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53705, USA
Pharmacotherapy 29:365-72. 2009....
- Pharmacologic approaches for the management of symptoms and cardiovascular consequences of obstructive sleep apnea in adultsJohn M Dopp
Pharmacy Practice Division, School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
Sleep Breath 14:307-15. 2010..As a result, complementary pharmacologic therapies that can be used with CPAP therapy have the potential to reduce symptoms and consequences of OSA...
- Impaired vascular regulation in patients with obstructive sleep apnea: effects of continuous positive airway pressure treatmentKevin J Reichmuth
Departments of Medicine, School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Wisconsin Madison and Middleton Veterans Administration Hospital, Madison, WI, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 180:1143-50. 2009..Impaired endothelium-dependent vasodilation has been documented in patients with sleep apnea. This impairment may result in blood flow dysregulation during apnea-induced fluctuations in arterial blood gases...
- Effect of annual influenza immunization on antibody response in lung transplant patientsJohn M Dopp
University of Wisconsin, Madison 53705, USA
Prog Transplant 19:153-9. 2009..Previous studies showed poor antibody response to influenza vaccine in lung transplant patients, but no data on the antibody response in consecutive seasons have been published...
- Xanthine oxidase inhibition attenuates endothelial dysfunction caused by chronic intermittent hypoxia in ratsJohn M Dopp
Pharmacy Practice Division, School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53705, USA
Respiration 82:458-67. 2011..Xanthine oxidase is a major source of superoxide in the vascular endothelium. Previous work in humans demonstrated improved conduit artery function following xanthine oxidase inhibition in patients with obstructive sleep apnea...
- Obstructive sleep apnea and hypertension: mechanisms, evaluation, and managementJohn M Dopp
Department of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Curr Hypertens Rep 9:529-34. 2007..Because even small decreases in arterial pressure can contribute to reducing cardiovascular risk, screening for OSA is an essential element of evaluating patients with hypertension...
- Sleep-disordered breathing and obesity: pathophysiology, complications, and treatmentCorey J Leinum
Pharmacy Practice Division, School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Nutr Clin Pract 24:675-87. 2009..Large randomized trials are required to determine the utility of these strategies as long-term approaches to improving SDB and reducing associated complications...
- Cardiovascular consequences of sleep-disordered breathingJohn M Dopp
Pharmacy Practice Division, School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin, Madison, 53706, USA
J Cardiopulm Rehabil 26:123-30. 2006
- Quantifying hypoxia-induced chemoreceptor sensitivity in the awake rodentBarbara J Morgan
Department of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation and the John Rankin Laboratory of Pulmonary Medicine, School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin
J Appl Physiol (1985) 117:816-24. 2014..Because of the somewhat curvilinear nature of these responses, exposure to multiple levels of graded hypoxia provides the most complete characterization of hypoxic chemosensitivity. ..
- Pharmacy students' retention of knowledge and skills following training in automated external defibrillator useKaren Birckelbaw Kopacek
University of Wisconsin School of Pharmacy, Madison, Wisconsin 53705, USA
Am J Pharm Educ 74:109. 2010..To assess pharmacy students' retention of knowledge about appropriate automated external defibrillator use and counseling points following didactic training and simulated experience...