J E Donnelly
Affiliation: University of Kansas
- A comparison of methods for analyzing glucose and insulin areas under the curve following nine months of exercise in overweight adultsJ A Potteiger
Department of Health, Sport, and Exercise Sciences, University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas 66045, USA
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 26:87-9. 2002..We examined three methods for calculating the area under the curve (AUC) following an oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT) in overweight adults prior to and after 9 months of exercise...
- The effects of 18 months of intermittent vs. continuous exercise on aerobic capacity, body weight and composition, and metabolic fitness in previously sedentary, moderately obese femalesJ E Donnelly
Department of Health, Sport and Exercise Sciences, 104 Robinson Center, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 24:566-72. 2000..To compare the effects of 18 months of continuous vs intermittent exercise on aerobic capacity, body weight and composition, and metabolic fitness in previously sedentary, moderately obese females...
- Time course for changes in aerobic capacity and body composition in overweight men and women in response to long-term exercise: the Midwest Exercise Trial (MET)E P Kirk
Energy Balance Laboratory, Schiefelbusch Institute for Life Span Studies, The University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 27:912-9. 2003..To determine the time course for changes in aerobic capacity, body weight (BW), and composition in overweight adults in response to a supervised exercise trial with a targeted energy expenditure of 2000 kcal week(-1)...
- One set resistance training: effect on body composition in overweight young adultsR A Washburn
Center for Physical Activity and Weight Management, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS, USA
J Sports Med Phys Fitness 52:273-9. 2012..This study evaluate the impact of a 6-month, 1-set RT protocol on changes in weight and body composition in overweight young adults...
- Active commuting to and from school and BMI in elementary school children-preliminary dataK A Heelan
Department of Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Leisure Studies, University of Nebraska at Kearney, Kearney, NE 68849, USA
Child Care Health Dev 31:341-9. 2005..The purpose of this objective is to increase the level of physical activity among children. However, the impact of walking, bicycling or skating (active commuting) to and from school on the prevalence of overweight is unknown...
- A comparison of three methods of analyzing post-exercise oxygen consumptionD J Jacobsen
University of Kansas Energy Balance Laboratory, Lawrence, Kansas 66045, USA
Int J Sports Med 26:34-8. 2005....
- Comparison of a phone vs clinic approach to achieve 10% weight lossJ E Donnelly
Energy Balance Lab and Center for Physical Activity, Nutrition, and Weight Management, Schiefelbusch Institute for Life Span Studies, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA
Int J Obes (Lond) 31:1270-6. 2007..To compare the efficacy of a phone vs a traditional face-to-face clinic approach to achieve 10% weight loss and weight maintenance...
- Adherence and attrition with intermittent and continuous exercise in overweight womenD J Jacobsen
Energy Balance Laboratory, Robinson Center, University of Kansas, Lawrence 66045, USA
Int J Sports Med 24:459-64. 2003..That is, it appears that intermittent exercise may reduce attrition in the first 24 weeks of an exercise program; however, attrition does not appear to be different than continuous exercise at 72 weeks...
- Does increased prescribed exercise alter non-exercise physical activity/energy expenditure in healthy adults? A systematic reviewR A Washburn
Department of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Research Institute, Center for Physical Activity and Weight Management, University of Kansas Medical Center, Lawrence, KS, USA
Clin Obes 4:1-20. 2014..e. indirect calorimetry and doubly labelled water, respectively. ..
- Peripheral insulin and brain structure in early Alzheimer diseaseJ M Burns
University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Neurology 69:1094-104. 2007..The relationship between insulin-mediated glucoregulation and brain structure has not been assessed in individuals with AD...
- Effects of long-term aerobic exercise on EPOCJ D LeCheminant
Department of Kinesiology and Health Education, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, Edwardsville, Illinois 66026, United States
Int J Sports Med 29:53-8. 2008..Change in volume of exercise likely explained the increase in energy expenditure during EPOC in men. EPOC contributed modestly to EE compared to the exercise itself...
- Weight maintenance, behaviors and barriers among previous participants of a university-based weight control programC A Befort
Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Int J Obes (Lond) 32:519-26. 2008..To examine weight loss maintenance among previous participants of a university-based behavioral weight management program and to compare behavioral strategies and perceived barriers between successful and unsuccessful maintainers...
- American College of Sports Medicine position stand. Appropriate intervention strategies for weight loss and prevention of weight regain for adultsJ M Jakicic
American College of Sports Medicine
Med Sci Sports Exerc 33:2145-56. 2001..The American College of Sports Medicine recommends that the strategies outlined in this position paper be incorporated into interventions targeting weight loss and the prevention of weight regain for adults...