Betty J Dong
Affiliation: University of California
- Nevirapine pharmacokinetics and risk of rash and hepatitis among HIV-infected sub-Saharan African womenBetty J Dong
University of California, San Francisco, 94143 0622, USA
AIDS 26:833-41. 2012..To estimate nevirapine (NVP) pharmacokinetics and examine its association with rash and/or hepatotoxicity in women starting antiretroviral treatment in the AIDS Clinical Trials Group A5208/OCTANE study in Africa...
- Cinacalcet: An oral calcimimetic agent for the management of hyperparathyroidismBetty J Dong
School of Pharmacy, University of California San Francisco, 521 Parnassus Avenue C 152, San Francisco, CA 94143 0622, USA
Clin Ther 27:1725-51. 2005..Traditional medical therapy (eg, vitamin D sterols, calcium, phosphate binders) has been inadequate for the management of HPT and its vascular and skeletal complications...
- Tipranavir: a protease inhibitor for HIV salvage therapyBetty J Dong
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, University of California at San Francisco, 94143, USA
Ann Pharmacother 40:1311-21. 2006..To review the efficacy, safety, pharmacology, virology, pharmacokinetics, and resistance of the nonpeptidic protease inhibitor (PI) tipranavir...
- Raltegravir: the first HIV integrase inhibitorJennifer Cocohoba
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Clin Ther 30:1747-65. 2008..Raltegravir is the first integrase inhibitor to be approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for use in antiretroviral treatment- experienced adult patients with viral resistance...
- Reporting of critical information in studies of pharmacists in HIV careJennifer Cocohoba
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, University of California San Francisco School of Pharmacy, San Francisco, CA, USA
Int J Pharm Pract 22:375-85. 2014..To evaluate manuscripts documenting HIV pharmacist interventions and assess adequacy of reporting as defined by CONSORT and STROBE criteria...
- Immunologic benefits of enfuvirtide in patients enrolled in a drug assistance programParya Saberi
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Ann Pharmacother 42:621-6. 2008..Randomized clinical trials have demonstrated that enfuvirtide plus an optimized background regimen can cause a significant increase in CD4+ cell counts and a reduction in HIV RNA levels...
- Health care provider satisfaction with telephone consultations provided by pharmacists and physicians at the National HIV/AIDS Clinicians' Consultation CenterElizabeth M Sherman
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Ann Pharmacother 45:1499-505. 2011..Callers to the NCCC receive consultation from either a clinical pharmacist (PharmD) or a physician (MD) with HIV expertise...
- The impact of HIV clinical pharmacists on HIV treatment outcomes: a systematic reviewParya Saberi
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Patient Prefer Adherence 6:297-322. 2012..In a HIV multidisciplinary care team, the HIV pharmacist is well-equipped to provide this expertise. We conducted a systematic review to assess the impact of HIV pharmacists on HIV clinical outcomes...
- Treatment of AIDS and HIV-related conditions--2002: antiretroviral therapyRonald H Goldschrnidt
Family Practice Residency Program, San Francisco General Hospital, University of California, San Francisco 94110, USA
J Am Board Fam Pract 15:319-31. 2002
- Outcomes of dual-protease inhibitor salvage therapy in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients referred to a telephone consultation serviceMichael L Lim
National HIV Telephone Consultation Service, San Francisco General Hospital, California, USA
Pharmacotherapy 23:1100-4. 2003..To determine the clinical outcomes of dual-protease inhibitor salvage therapy in heavily experienced patients after their providers consulted the National HIV Telephone Consultation Service (Warmline, 800-933-3413)...
- Advances in human immunodeficiency virus therapeuticsPatrick G Clay
Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, Kansas City, MO 64106, USA
Ann Pharmacother 40:704-9. 2006..To review recent advances in the management of persons infected with HIV...