J G Dolan
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Can Streamlined Multicriteria Decision Analysis Be Used to Implement Shared Decision Making for Colorectal Cancer Screening?James G Dolan
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY JGD University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL EB University of Massachusetts, Worcester, MA JA Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine Regenstrief Institute, Inc and Center of Excellence for Implementation of Evidence based Medicine, Roudebush VA Medical Center, Indianapolis, IN TFI
Med Decis Making 34:746-55. 2014..Our study goal was to determine whether a streamlined form of MCDA using rank-order-based judgments can accurately assess patients' colorectal cancer screening priorities...
- Should Health Numeracy Be Assessed Objectively or Subjectively?James G Dolan
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY JGD, OAC, NC, PJV RTI International, Waltham, MD QL
Med Decis Making 36:868-75. 2016..The best way to use these tools to assess numeracy when conducting medical decision-making research is currently unknown...
- Balance Sheets Versus Decision Dashboards to Support Patient Treatment Choices: A Comparative AnalysisJames G Dolan
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Rochester Medical Center, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 265 Crittenden Blvd, CU 420644, Rochester, NY, 14642, USA
Patient 8:499-505. 2015..We therefore conducted a non-randomized trial comparing the effects of adding an interactive dashboard to a static tabular balance sheet on patient decision-making...
- Decision Aids: The Effect of Labeling Options on Patient Choices and Decision MakingJames G Dolan
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY JGD, OAC, NC, PJV
Med Decis Making 35:979-86. 2015..Conscious and unconscious biases can influence how people interpret new information and make decisions. Current standards for creating decision aids, however, do not address this issue...
- Development and initial evaluation of a treatment decision dashboardJames G Dolan
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 265 Crittenden Blvd, CU420644, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 13:51. 2013..We sought to determine if the interactive decision dashboard format can be successfully adapted to create a clinically realistic prototype patient decision aid suitable for further evaluation and refinement...
- How well do commonly used data presentation formats support comparative effectiveness evaluations?James G Dolan
Department of Community and Preventive Medicine, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642 0644, USA
Med Decis Making 32:840-50. 2012..Good decisions depend on an accurate understanding of the comparative effectiveness of decision alternatives. The best way to convey data needed to support these comparisons is unknown...
- Patients' preferences and priorities regarding colorectal cancer screeningJames G Dolan
Department of Community and Preventive Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642 0644, USA
Med Decis Making 33:59-70. 2013..US colorectal cancer screening guidelines for people at average risk for colorectal cancer endorse multiple screening options and recommend that screening decisions reflect individual patient preferences...
- A survey of gynecologists' attitudes regarding decision making in the management of non-cancerous conditions that frequently result in hysterectomyJ G Dolan
Primary Care Institute, Highland Hospital of Rochester, Department of Medicine, New York 14620, USA
Med Decis Making 19:186-92. 1999..To explore attitudes of practicing gynecologists regarding making treatment decisions for patients with benign uterine conditions frequently treated with hysterectomy...