J G Dolan
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Balance Sheets Versus Decision Dashboards to Support Patient Treatment Choices: A Comparative AnalysisJames G Dolan
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Rochester Medical Center, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 265 Crittenden Blvd, CU 420644, Rochester, NY, 14642, USA
Patient 8:499-505. 2015..We therefore conducted a non-randomized trial comparing the effects of adding an interactive dashboard to a static tabular balance sheet on patient decision-making...
- Decision Aids: The Effect of Labeling Options on Patient Choices and Decision MakingJames G Dolan
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY JGD, OAC, NC, PJV
Med Decis Making 35:979-86. 2015..Conscious and unconscious biases can influence how people interpret new information and make decisions. Current standards for creating decision aids, however, do not address this issue...
- Development and initial evaluation of a treatment decision dashboardJames G Dolan
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 265 Crittenden Blvd, CU420644, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 13:51. 2013..We sought to determine if the interactive decision dashboard format can be successfully adapted to create a clinically realistic prototype patient decision aid suitable for further evaluation and refinement...
- How well do commonly used data presentation formats support comparative effectiveness evaluations?James G Dolan
Department of Community and Preventive Medicine, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642 0644, USA
Med Decis Making 32:840-50. 2012..Good decisions depend on an accurate understanding of the comparative effectiveness of decision alternatives. The best way to convey data needed to support these comparisons is unknown...
- Patients' preferences and priorities regarding colorectal cancer screeningJames G Dolan
Department of Community and Preventive Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642 0644, USA
Med Decis Making 33:59-70. 2013..US colorectal cancer screening guidelines for people at average risk for colorectal cancer endorse multiple screening options and recommend that screening decisions reflect individual patient preferences...
- A survey of gynecologists' attitudes regarding decision making in the management of non-cancerous conditions that frequently result in hysterectomyJ G Dolan
Primary Care Institute, Highland Hospital of Rochester, Department of Medicine, New York 14620, USA
Med Decis Making 19:186-92. 1999..To explore attitudes of practicing gynecologists regarding making treatment decisions for patients with benign uterine conditions frequently treated with hysterectomy...