Genomes and Genes
Kimberly L Dodge-Kafka
Affiliation: University of Connecticut Health Center
- A-kinase anchoring proteins as the basis for cAMP signalingK L Dodge-Kafka
Pat and Jim Calhoun Center for Cardiology, Department of Cell Biology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farminton, CT 06030, USA
Handb Exp Pharmacol . 2008..In doing so, AKAPs provide the molecular architecture for the cAMP micordomains that underlie the spacial-temporal control of cAMP signaling...
- cAMP-stimulated protein phosphatase 2A activity associated with muscle A kinase-anchoring protein (mAKAP) signaling complexes inhibits the phosphorylation and activity of the cAMP-specific phosphodiesterase PDE4D3Kimberly L Dodge-Kafka
Pat and Jim Calhoun Center for Cardiology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut 06030, USA
J Biol Chem 285:11078-86. 2010..In general, PKA.PP2A.mAKAP complexes exemplify how protein kinases and phosphatases may participate in molecular signaling complexes to dynamically regulate localized intracellular signaling...
- The mAKAP signaling complex: integration of cAMP, calcium, and MAP kinase signaling pathwaysKimberly L Dodge-Kafka
Pat and Jim Calhoun Center for Cardiology, University of Connecticut Health Center, 263 Farmington Ave, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
Eur J Cell Biol 85:593-602. 2006....
- Compartmentation of cyclic nucleotide signaling in the heart: the role of A-kinase anchoring proteinsKimberly L Dodge-Kafka
Pat and Jim Calhoun Center for Cardiology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
Circ Res 98:993-1001. 2006..For cAMP signaling, A-kinase anchoring proteins (AKAPs) provide a molecular mechanism for cAMP compartmentation, allowing for the precise control of PKA-mediated phosphorylation events. (cAMP, PKA, AKAP, PKG)...
- Spatiotemporal regulation of PKC via interactions with AKAP7 isoformsJohn M Redden
Pat and Jim Calhoun Center for Cardiovascular Research, University of Connecticut Health Center, 263 Farmington Ave, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
Biochem J 446:301-9. 2012..Collectively, the results of the present study suggests that AKAP7 could play an integral role in dictating PKC localization and function in tissues where the two proteins are co-expressed...
- AKAP phosphatase complexes in the heartJohn M Redden
Department of Cell Biology, Pat and Jim Calhoun Center for Cardiology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 58:354-62. 2011..The focus of this review is on the emerging role of AKAPs in regulating the 3 main cardiac phosphatases: Protein Phosphatase 1 by AKAP18 and Yotiao, and Protein Phosphatases 2A and 2B by muscle specific A-kinase anchoring protein...
- Myocyte enhancer factor 2 (MEF2) tethering to muscle selective A-kinase anchoring protein (mAKAP) is necessary for myogenic differentiationMaximilian A X Vargas
Pat and Jim Calhoun Center for Cardiology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030, United States
Cell Signal 24:1496-503. 2012..This study expands our understanding of the regulation of MEF2 in skeletal muscle and identifies the mAKAP scaffold as a facilitator of MEF2 transcription and myogenic differentiation...
- The large isoforms of A-kinase anchoring protein 18 mediate the phosphorylation of inhibitor-1 by protein kinase A and the inhibition of protein phosphatase 1 activityArpita Singh
Pat and Jim Calhoun Center for Cardiology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06032, USA
Mol Pharmacol 79:533-40. 2011....
- Phosphorylation state-dependent interaction between AKAP7δ/γ and phospholamban increases phospholamban phosphorylationMarc Rigatti
Pat and Jim Calhoun Center for Cardiovascular Research, UConn Health, 263 Farmington Ave, Farmington, CT 06030, USA The Richard D Berlin Center for Cell Analysis and Modeling, UConn Health, 400 Farmington Ave, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
Cell Signal 27:1807-15. 2015....
- Identification of AKAP79 as a protein phosphatase 1 catalytic binding proteinAndrew V Le
University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
Biochemistry 50:5279-91. 2011..These combined observations suggest that AKAP79 acts as a PP1 regulatory subunit that can direct PP1 activity toward specific targets in the AKAP79 complex...
- The mAKAP signalosome and cardiac myocyte hypertrophyAndrea L Bauman
Department of Pediatrics, Heart Research Center, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
IUBMB Life 59:163-9. 2007..The mAKAPbeta signalosome is important for the control of NFATc transcription factor activity and for the overall induction of myocyte hypertrophy...
- The mAKAP complex participates in the induction of cardiac myocyte hypertrophy by adrenergic receptor signalingGenevieve C Pare
Department of Pediatrics, Heart Research Center, Oregon Health and Science University, NRC5 3181 S W Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Cell Sci 118:5637-46. 2005..These data reveal a novel function of the mAKAP complex involving the integration of cAMP and Ca2+ signals that promote myocyte hypertrophy...
- Spatial restriction of PDK1 activation cascades by anchoring to mAKAPalphaJennifer J Carlisle Michel
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Vollum Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 Southwest Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
Mol Cell 20:661-72. 2005..The assembly of tissue-specific signaling complexes provides an efficient mechanism to integrate and relay lipid-mediated and mitogenic activated signals to the nucleus...
- The protein kinase A anchoring protein mAKAP coordinates two integrated cAMP effector pathwaysKimberly L Dodge-Kafka
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Oregon Health and Sciences University, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
Nature 437:574-8. 2005..Thus, two coupled cAMP-dependent feedback loops are coordinated within the context of the mAKAP complex, suggesting that local control of cAMP signalling by AKAP proteins is more intricate than previously appreciated...
- mAKAP-orchestrated phosphorylation events: regulation of PDE4D3Kimberly L Dodge Kafka; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study will further our understanding of the molecular mechanism of cardiac hypertrophy and help to identify novel targets for drug design to aid in the treatment of hypertrophy. ..