Daniel L Dickerson
Affiliation: University of California
- Utilizing drumming for American Indians/Alaska Natives with substance use disorders: a focus group studyDaniel Dickerson
Integrated Substance Abuse Programs ISAP, University of California, Los Angeles UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90025 7535, USA
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 38:505-10. 2012..Drum-Assisted Recovery Therapy for Native Americans (DARTNA), currently under development, is a substance abuse treatment utilizing drumming as a core component...
- Substance use patterns among high-risk American Indians/Alaska Natives in Los Angeles CountyDaniel L Dickerson
United American Indian Involvement, Inc UAII, Los Angeles, California 90025 7535, USA
Am J Addict 21:445-52. 2012..S. Two-thirds of American AIs/ANs reside in the urban setting. However, studies analyzing substance use characteristics among urban AI/ANs are very limited...
- Nicotine dependence and psychiatric and substance use comorbidities in a sample of American Indian male veteransDaniel L Dickerson
Yale University, 1 Long Wharf Drive, Box 18, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 99:169-75. 2009..American Indians and Alaska Natives have the highest rates of nicotine dependence in the U.S. However, studies analyzing associations between nicotine dependence and psychiatric and substance use disorders in these groups have been limited...
- The inclusion of women and minorities in smoking cessation clinical trials: a systematic reviewDaniel L Dickerson
Integrated Substance Abuse Programs, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90025, USA
Am J Addict 18:21-8. 2009..1% vs. M = 10%) and analysis by race occurred. Industry-sponsored studies had lower minority representation than NIH funded studies. Recommendations are offered to improve subgroup analyses and minority inclusion...
- Mental health and substance abuse characteristics among a clinical sample of urban American Indian/Alaska native youths in a large California metropolitan area: a descriptive studyDaniel L Dickerson
Integrated Substance Abuse Programs, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90025, USA
Community Ment Health J 48:56-62. 2012..7%) were reported. The majority of patients demonstrated various behavior and emotional problems. Enhancing culturally relevant mental health and substance abuse treatment and prevention programs for urban AI/AN youth is suggested...
- American indians/alaska natives and substance abuse treatment outcomes: positive signs and continuing challengesDaniel L Dickerson
University of California, Los Angeles, Integrated Substance Abuse Programs ISAP, Los Angeles, CA 90025 7535, USA
J Addict Dis 30:63-74. 2011..AI/ANs also received more family-related services (29.9% vs. 17.1%) and abuse-related services (21.3% vs. 7.6%). Addressing barriers to receiving substance abuse treatment and enhancing screening methods for AI/ANs are suggested...
- Design of a behavioral health program for urban American Indian/Alaska Native youths: a community informed approachDaniel L Dickerson
United American Indian Involvement, Inc, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Psychoactive Drugs 43:337-42. 2011....
- Suicidal ideation and suicide attempts in five groups with different severities of gambling: Findings from the National Epidemiologic Survey on Alcohol and Related ConditionsJacquelene F Moghaddam
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California, Los Angeles UCLA Gambling Studies Program, Los Angeles, California
Am J Addict 24:292-8. 2015..This study utilized subgroups derived from a nationally representative data set, examining different characteristics of suicidal behavior and several gambling levels, including subclinical groups...