Affiliation: University of Texas Health Science Center
- Monoamine depletion studies: implications for antidepressant discontinuation syndromePedro L Delgado
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Texas Health Sciences Center at San Antonio, San Antonio TX 78229 3900, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:22-6. 2006..Furthermore, the proportion of people who have emotional changes with rapid antidepressant discontinuation may be parallel to the proportion of people who experience those changes with rapid tryptophan depletion...
- Sequential catecholamine and serotonin depletion in mirtazapine-treated depressed patientsPedro L Delgado
Department of Psychiatry, Case Western Researve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44106 5080, USA
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 5:63-6. 2002..Mood response to tryptophan or catecholamine depletion is dependent on the pharmacological properties of the antidepressant being taken during depletion...
- Common pathways of depression and painPedro L Delgado
Department of Psychiatry, University Hospitals of Cleveland and Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 5080, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 65:16-9. 2004..Additionally, these agents may also have a role in modulating neurogenesis and other neuroplastic changes, thereby leading to more complete recovery in patients suffering from the emotional and physical symptoms of chronic depression...
- Sex differences in depressive response during monoamine depletions in remitted depressive subjectsFrancisco A Moreno
Department of Psychiatry, College of Medicine, University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, Tucson 85724, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:1618-23. 2006..The present study assessed the effects of sex on the mood response during acute monoamine depletion...
- Sexual functioning assessed in 4 double-blind placebo- and paroxetine-controlled trials of duloxetine for major depressive disorderPedro L Delgado
Department of Psychiatry, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 66:686-92. 2005..Post hoc analyses of pooled data from placebo-controlled studies were utilized to assess sexual functioning in patients receiving duloxetine or paroxetine...
- How antidepressants help depression: mechanisms of action and clinical responsePedro L Delgado
Department of Psychiatry, Case School of Medicine and University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 65:25-30. 2004..Depletion studies have reinforced the validity of targeting these systems and, at the same time, underscored that monoamines most likely are not the only factor driving the clinical presentation of depression...
- Emotional blunting associated with SSRI-induced sexual dysfunction. Do SSRIs inhibit emotional responses?Adam Opbroek
Department of Psychiatry, University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, USA
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 5:147-51. 2002..Emotional blunting may be an under-appreciated side-effect of SSRIs that may contribute to treatment non-compliance and/or reduced quality of life...
- CSF neurochemicals during tryptophan depletion in individuals with remitted depression and healthy controlsFrancisco A Moreno
Department of Psychiatry, College of Medicine, The University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, 1501 N Campbell Ave 7 OPC, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 20:18-24. 2010..75, p<.10). These results illustrate the importance of assessing plasma SigmaLNAA when using the TRP depletion paradigm. The use of a single CSF sampling technique although practical may result in data acquisition limitations...
- Partial response and nonresponse to antidepressant therapy: current approaches and treatment optionsRobert M A Hirschfeld
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston 77555 0188, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 63:826-37. 2002....
- Antidepressant discontinuation syndrome: consensus panel recommendations for clinical management and additional researchAlan F Schatzberg
Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, Calif 94305 5717, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:27-30. 2006..This article summarizes recommendations with respect to future research as well as clinical management recommendations for SRI discontinuation syndrome...
- Immediate switching of antidepressant therapy: results from a clinical trial of duloxetineMadelaine M Wohlreich
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Ann Clin Psychiatry 17:259-68. 2005..We examined the efficacy and tolerability associated with a switch from a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) or venlafaxine to duloxetine...
- SEROTONIN FUNCTION AND VULNERABILTY TO DEPRESSIONPedro Delgado; Fiscal Year: 2001..TRP depletion may be a clinically useful tool for identifying people at risk for depression analogous to the way in which a cardiac stress test identifies individuals at risk for heart disease. ..
- MECHANISMS UNDERLYING ANTIDEPRESSANT ACTIONPedro Delgado; Fiscal Year: 2001..Investigating the role of 5-HT in the response to CT will allow inferences to be drawn about the similarities and differences in neurobiological mechanisms between pharmacological and psychosocial therapies. ..