Pedro Del Corral
Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Translating exercise biology into the Venezuelan medical education and health care systemPedro Del Corral
School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Invest Clin 48:377-88. 2007..Tentative steps to initiate this process are proposed...
- Effect of dietary adherence with or without exercise on weight loss: a mechanistic approach to a global problemPedro Del Corral
Department of Nutrition Sciences, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 3360, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:1602-7. 2009..Weight loss using low-calorie diets produces variable results, presumably due to a wide range of energy deficits and low-dietary adherence...
- Exercise training prevents regain of visceral fat for 1 year following weight lossGary R Hunter
Department of Human Studies, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 18:690-5. 2010..More importantly, both aerobic and resistance training prevented regain of potentially harmful visceral fat...
- Dietary adherence during weight loss predicts weight regainPedro Del Corral
Department of Nutrition Sciences, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 19:1177-81. 2011..Finally, how well an individual adheres to a low-calorie diet intervention during weight loss may be a useful tool for identifying individuals who are particularly vulnerable to subsequent weight regain...
- Age, muscle fatigue, and walking endurance in pre-menopausal womenGary R Hunter
Department of Human Studies, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 901 South 13th Street, Birmingham, AL 35294 1250, USA
Eur J Appl Physiol 111:715-23. 2011..In addition, these results support the hypothesis that age-related increases in metabolic economy may decrease MIF. However, decreased muscle strength and oxidative capacity are related to WE...