Affiliation: University of Wyoming
- Implications of family income dynamics for women's depressive symptoms during the first 3 years after childbirthEric Dearing
Judge Baker Children s Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Public Health 94:1372-7. 2004..We examined within-person associations between changes in family income and women's depressive symptoms during the first 3 years after childbirth...
- Within-child associations between family income and externalizing and internalizing problemsEric Dearing
Department of Psychology, University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY 82071, USA
Dev Psychol 42:237-52. 2006..For both externalizing and internalizing problems, income was most strongly associated with problems when chronically poor children's mothers were partnered and employed...
- Metabolic pathways link childhood adversity to elevated blood pressure in midlife adultsJudith A Crowell
Department of Psychiatry, Stony Brook University School of Medicine, Stony Brook, NY, United States Judge Baker Children s Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, United States Electronic address
Obes Res Clin Pract 10:580-588. 2016..Early adversity appears to developmentally overload and dysregulate endocrine systems through increased risk for obesity, and through a direct impact on leptin that in turn, impacts blood pressure...
- Male heterosexual crack smokers with multiple sex partners: between- and within-person predictors of condom use intentionAnne Bowen
Psychology Department, University of Wyoming, PO Box 3415, Laramie, WY 82071 3415, USA
Health Educ Res 21:549-59. 2006..Finally, the differences in the valence of perceived partner responsibility across analyses and the interaction of personal responsibility with intimacy suggest the need for studies that include measure of power within the relationship...
- Attachment and the metabolic syndrome in midlife: the role of interview-based discourse patternsCynthia R Davis
From Judge Baker Children s Center C R D, N U, C C D, J A C, Boston, Massachusetts Boston College E D, Boston, Massachusetts Department of Psychiatry, Cambridge Health Alliance A R B, Cambridge, Massachusetts Department of Psychology S D N, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina Division of Endocrinology C S M, Diabetes and Metabolism, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts Section of Endocrinology, Boston VA Healthcare System, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts C S M Department of Psychiatry J A C, Stony Brook University School of Medicine, Stony Brook, New York
Psychosom Med 76:611-21. 2014....
- Detailed assessments of childhood adversity enhance prediction of central obesity independent of gender, race, adult psychosocial risk and health behaviorsCynthia R Davis
Judge Baker Children s Center, 53 Parker Hill Avenue, Boston, MA 02120, USA Electronic address
Metabolism 63:199-206. 2014....
- Psychological costs of growing up poorEric Dearing
Counseling, Developmental, and Educational Psychology, Lynch School of Education, Boston College, 140 Commonwealth Ave, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1136:324-32. 2008..Yet, convergent evidence from experimental and nonexperimental studies also indicates that improving the economic well-being of poor families translates into improved psychological well-being for poor youth...