SALLY MELINDA M DAVIS
Affiliation: University of New Mexico
- CHILE: Outcomes of a group randomized controlled trial of an intervention to prevent obesity in preschool Hispanic and American Indian childrenSally M Davis
Prevention Research Center, Department of Pediatrics, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, NM, United States Electronic address
Prev Med 89:162-8. 2016....
- CHILE: an evidence-based preschool intervention for obesity prevention in Head StartSally M Davis
Prevention Research Center, University of New Mexico, 1 University of New Mexico, MSC 11 6145, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
J Sch Health 83:223-9. 2013..The design and implementation of CHILE are described...
- Introduction and conceptual model for utilization of prevention researchSally M Davis
Prevention Research Center, Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131 0001, USA
Am J Prev Med 33:S1-5. 2007
- Design, implementation, and quality control in the Pathways American-Indian multicenter trialElaine J Stone
University of New Mexico, Department of Physical Performance and Development, Johnson Center Room 1150, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Prev Med 37:S13-23. 2003..Pathways was the first multicenter American-Indian school-based study to test the effectiveness of an obesity prevention program promoting healthy eating and physical activity...
- Environmental, policy, and cultural factors related to physical activity in sedentary American Indian womenJanice L Thompson
Office of Native American Diabetes Programs, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, 1720 Louisiana Boulevard, Suite 312, Albuquerque, NM 87110, USA
Women Health 36:59-74. 2002....
- Pathways curriculum and family interventions to promote healthful eating and physical activity in American Indian schoolchildrenSally M Davis
University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Prev Med 37:S24-34. 2003....
- Introduction. Pathways, an intervention trial for the primary prevention of obesity in American Indian schoolchildrenSally M Davis
Prev Med 37:S1-2. 2003
- Dissemination of physical activity promotion interventions in underserved populationsAntronette K Yancey
Department of Health Services, and Center to Eliminate Health Disparities, UCLA School of Public Health, Los Angeles, California, USA
Am J Prev Med 31:S82-91. 2006..Researchers, practitioners, decision makers, and policymakers must partner to bridge the evidentiary gap so that the physically active lifestyle choices become the easier choices...
- Pathways: a school-based, randomized controlled trial for the prevention of obesity in American Indian schoolchildrenBenjamin Caballero
Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 78:1030-8. 2003..Childhood obesity is a major public health problem in the United States, particularly among American Indian communities...
- A framework for research utilization applied to seven case studiesJeffery C Peterson
Edward R Murrow School of Communication, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164 2520, USA
Am J Prev Med 33:S21-34. 2007..of research utilization in communities that suggest stages in a process? (2) What factors, including barriers and facilitators, are associated with the use of prevention research in community-based programs, policies, and practices?..
- Utilization of prevention research: searching for evidenceLeslie Cunningham-Sabo
Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado 80523 1571, USA
Am J Prev Med 33:S9-S20. 2007..This review describes the search strategy, methods, results, and challenges in identifying and reviewing literature relevant to this objective...
- Pathways: lessons learned and future directions for school-based interventions among American IndiansJoel Gittelsohn
Center for Human Nutrition, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205 2179, USA
Prev Med 37:S107-12. 2003..This paper explores what we have learned from this study and examines possible future directions...
- Body composition and overweight prevalence in 1704 schoolchildren from 7 American Indian communitiesBenjamin Caballero
Center for Human Nutrition, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 78:308-12. 2003..Nationwide data on obesity prevalence in American Indian communities are limited...
- Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Research CentersSALLY MELINDA DAVIS; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract not provided ..
- Child Health Initiative for Lifelong Eating and Exercise (CHILE)SALLY MELINDA M DAVIS; Fiscal Year: 2010..Data wil be analyzed using multi-level modeling to partition variance into individual- and Head Start- or intervention level components, and to explore individuals'change over time and potential mediating effects. ..