Genomes and Genes
Dawn Belt Davis
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- FoxM1 is up-regulated by obesity and stimulates beta-cell proliferationDawn Belt Davis
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
Mol Endocrinol 24:1822-34. 2010..Our data suggest that beta-cell proliferation occurs in adult obese humans in an attempt to expand beta-cell mass to compensate for insulin resistance, and that the FoxM1 transcriptional program plays a key role in this process...
- Cholecystokinin is up-regulated in obese mouse islets and expands beta-cell mass by increasing beta-cell survivalJeremy A Lavine
Department of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Endocrinology 151:3577-88. 2010..In summary, CCK is up-regulated by islet cells during obesity and functions as a paracrine or autocrine factor to increase beta-cell survival and expand beta-cell mass to compensate for obesity-induced insulin resistance...
- A gene expression network model of type 2 diabetes links cell cycle regulation in islets with diabetes susceptibilityMark P Keller
Department of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53076, USA
Genome Res 18:706-16. 2008....
- Tcf19 is a novel islet factor necessary for proliferation and survival in the INS-1 β-cell lineKimberly A Krautkramer
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 305:E600-10. 2013..Therefore, Tcf19 is necessary for both proliferation and survival and is a novel regulator of these pathways...
- Overexpression of pre-pro-cholecystokinin stimulates beta-cell proliferation in mouse and human islets with retention of islet functionJeremy A Lavine
Department of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Mol Endocrinol 22:2716-28. 2008..CCK triggers beta-cell proliferation without disrupting islet function, up-regulates a distinct set of cell cycle regulators in islets, and signals independently of the CCK receptors...
- Glucagon-Like Peptide-1 Regulates Cholecystokinin Production in β-Cells to Protect From ApoptosisAmelia K Linnemann
Department of Medicine A K L, T J B, J A W, M E K, D B D, Division of Endocrinology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53705 Department of Nutritional Sciences J C N, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706 and William S Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital D B D, Madison, Wisconsin 53705
Mol Endocrinol 29:978-87. 2015..This intraislet incretin loop may be one mechanism whereby GLP-1 protects β-cells from apoptosis...
- Transgenic expression of the human growth hormone minigene promotes pancreatic β-cell proliferationMieke Baan
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin and
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 309:R788-94. 2015..Our work suggests that each will need to be carefully screened for inadvertent hGH production and critically evaluated for the use of proper controls. ..
- Attention to Background Strain Is Essential for Metabolic Research: C57BL/6 and the International Knockout Mouse ConsortiumDanielle A Fontaine
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI
Diabetes 65:25-33. 2016..Our aim is to increase awareness of this issue in the diabetes research community and to provide practical strategies to enable researchers to avoid mixed strain animals when using IKMC knockout mice. ..