Affiliation: University of California
- The efficacy of behavioral interventions in reducing HIV risk behaviors and incident sexually transmitted diseases in heterosexual African AmericansLynae Darbes
Center for AIDS Prevention Studies and Global Health Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
AIDS 22:1177-94. 2008....
- Uthando Lwethu ('our love'): a protocol for a couples-based intervention to increase testing for HIV: a randomized controlled trial in rural KwaZulu-Natal, South AfricaLynae A Darbes
Center for AIDS Prevention Studies, University of California, 50 Beale Street, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
Trials 15:64. 2014..We hypothesize that the rate of participation in CHCT will be higher and sexual risk behavior will be lower in the intervention group as compared to the control...
- HIV-specific social support predicts less sexual risk behavior in gay male couplesLynae A Darbes
Center for AIDS Prevention Studies, School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
Health Psychol 24:617-22. 2005..This study demonstrated the utility of measuring HIV-specific social support and its predictive ability related to HIV risk behavior...
- Partner-provided social support influences choice of risk reduction strategies in gay male couplesLynae A Darbes
Center for AIDS Prevention Studies, University of California, San Francisco, 94105, USA
AIDS Behav 16:159-67. 2012....
- Serostatus differences and agreements about sex with outside partners among gay male couplesColleen C Hoff
Center for Research on Gender and Sexuality, San Francisco State University, 835 Market Street, Suite 517, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 21:25-38. 2009..Future HIV prevention efforts aimed at couples must integrate both couple serostatus and relationship-based issues...
- Development and validation of the sexual agreement investment scaleTorsten B Neilands
Center for AIDS Prevention Studies, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
J Sex Res 47:24-37. 2010..The SAIS can be used to measure investment in sexual agreements and its impact on sexual behavior in a wide variety of settings, including research on relationships, sexuality, couples therapy and HIV prevention...
- HIV risk and protection among gay male couples: the role of gay community integrationStevenson Fergus
Department of Health Behavior and Health Education, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
Health Educ Behav 32:151-71. 2005..Analyses revealed that, controlling for symptoms of alcohol problems, going to gay bars and clubs independently predicted more HIV risk...
- Health-related social control and relationship interdependence among gay couplesMegan A Lewis
Health Behavior ealth Education, School of Public Health, CB 7440, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Health Educ Res 21:488-500. 2006..The implications for health behavior change research and intervention are discussed...
- Couples-Based HIV Prevention in South AfricaLynae Darbes; Fiscal Year: 2008..3. Examine quantitatively how couple-level factors such as communication about sex, relationship factors (e.g., trust), and perception of risk predict couples' sexual risk and participating in couples-based VCT. ..