Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Default mode network activity in male adolescents with conduct and substance use disorderManish S Dalwani
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, CO, United States Electronic address
Drug Alcohol Depend 134:242-50. 2014..Given the role of the brain's default mode network (DMN) in self-reflection and future thought, this study investigates whether DMN is altered in adolescents with CD and SUD, relative to controls...
- Reduced cortical gray matter volume in male adolescents with substance and conduct problemsManish Dalwani
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, 12469 E 17th Place, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 118:295-305. 2011..Because prefrontal cortex (PFC) is involved in planning behavior in accord with prior rewards and punishments, structural abnormalities in PFC could contribute to a person's propensity to make risky decisions...
- Medial orbitofrontal cortex gray matter is reduced in abstinent substance-dependent individualsJody Tanabe
Department of Radiology, University of Denver School of Medicine, Denver, CO, USA
Biol Psychiatry 65:160-4. 2009..We tested the hypothesis that medial OFC gray matter (GM) volume would be lower in SDI compared with control subjects...
- Prefrontal cortex activity is reduced in gambling and nongambling substance users during decision-makingJody Tanabe
Department of Radiology, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Hum Brain Mapp 28:1276-86. 2007....
- Sex Differences in Gray Matter Changes and Brain-Behavior Relationships in Patients with Stimulant DependenceMichael F Regner
From the Departments of Bioengineering M F R, Radiology D Y, R I P, J M H, J T, and Psychiatry M D, J T S, University of Colorado School of Medicine, 12700 E 19th Ave, C278, Aurora, CO 80045
Radiology 277:801-12. 2015..Sexual dimorphism in drug-related neuroanatomic changes and brain-behavior relationships may be mechanisms underlying the difference in clinical profiles of addiction between women and men. (©) RSNA, 2015. ..
- Prefrontal gray matter increases in healthy individuals after lithium treatment: a voxel-based morphometry studyE Serap Monkul
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX, USA
Neurosci Lett 429:7-11. 2007..Whether these changes are mediated by neurotrophic/neuroprotective or osmotic effects remains unknown...